Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

How To... in 95014 : Real Estate Advice

  • All69
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying24
  • Home Selling7
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 5
Mon Jul 20, 2015
Margotnovak answered:
How do I request a reassessment for my 2014 tax bill after homeowners exemption was deducted my 2015 tax bill?
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 2, 2013
Bryan Sweeley answered:
This is happening a lot as the new Property Tax bills are arriving in everyone's mailbox.

I just investigated this for a past client. We found that the Assessed Value had declined in 2009-2011 and was now rising. The Prop 13 law sets limits on the annual increase, based on the original purchase price. So there can be a greater than 1% jump this year as they recover from previous declines. Pretty unlikely that they are wrong, but you should visit the Assessor's office just to be sure. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 1, 2012
Elena Talis answered:
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue May 8, 2012
Michelle Carr-Crowe answered:
I haven't used them but have used Chamberlin in Campbell. Are thinking about a career in RE? I'm happy to talk to you about my experience after 25 years in the business.

Also my Keller Williams Cupertino colleague Charlie Krackeler is great.

Just Call 408-252-8900 if you want to talk.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue May 8, 2012
Ruth and Perry Mistry answered:
Hi Tiffany:

Congrats on having a big lot and exploring the fact iff you can split it.
Kudos to looking into "property development".

A great site is :

Your lot would have to be a tleast 12K plus.

Residential Zoning Districts
Single Family (R1)- Detached homes on minimum lot size of 6,000 sq. ft.
Duplex (R2)- Detached homes with two units under same ownership on minimum lot size of 8,500 sq. ft.
Multi-family (R3)- Attached homes such as tri-plexes, four-plexes, townhomes, condominiums or apartments.
Residential Hillside (RHS)- Detached homes on uneven or hilly terrain.
Residential Cluster (R1C) - Small lot development.

You should be just fine.

... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice