Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Investment Properties in 94539 : Real Estate Advice

  • All148
  • Local Info15
  • Home Buying91
  • Home Selling8
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 2
Louis  Wolfs…, Real Estate Pro in Needham, MA
Sun Mar 22, 2015
Louis Wolfson answered:
First as others have stated contact your attorney. How is the property held? Trust? Your dead relative name? Did it go thru probate?

That said you are doing the right thing by keeping the loan payments current to avoid a foreclosure action.

You may also want to inform the bank that he/she pasted away and that notifications and bills should be directed to you.

For you to get a mortgage a bank will need your financial information.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Brian Ripp, Real Estate Pro in Fremont, CA
Sun Mar 3, 2013
Brian Ripp answered:
If the home is rezoned for commercial, it'll be hard to get a regular home loan on the property. You need to talk to your lender and the city planning dept. You may not be able to get a home insurance policy on the property, so you might also talk to your home owners insurance company.

... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice