Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

94520 : Real Estate Advice

  • All22
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying9
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 14
Scott Godzyk, Real Estate Pro in Manchester, NH
Mon Feb 8, 2016
Scott Godzyk answered:
Depending on you choose to work for, can also affect how much you will need to get started. In short the board of Realtors and joining your MLS. Some offices will get you started with business cards and marketing material while others may not. No matter who you choose to work for, you will want and need to market yourself. START with a FREE blog over at Active Rain, i have placed a link below. A blog is a great way to promote yourself and what you can offer for no cost other than your time. Read about becoming a rain maker which promotes your blog. By interacting with other agents on Active Rain you will start to build a referral base as well ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mike McGinnis, Home Buyer in Walnut Creek, CA
Sun Sep 6, 2015
Mike McGinnis asked:
Curt Bulloch, Real Estate Pro in Concord, CA
Fri Oct 31, 2014
Curt Bulloch answered:
Check rent's on Craig's list or contact a professional property manager with Cal Narpm, they can assist you in the decision analysis.
If you do buy the condo, make sure you get the correct insurance, H06 landlord policy that will protect you for loss of income and rents, liability and wrongful eviction. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Curt Bulloch, Real Estate Pro in Concord, CA
Fri Oct 31, 2014
Curt Bulloch answered:
If you proceed make sure you review the HOA insurance coverage's and also get an H06 Condo insurance policy to protect your personal property and liability, if your going to rent the Condo to a tenant you will need a Landlord policy and have the tenant get a renter's policy and name you, as the owner, as an additional insured. This will give you a layer of liability and loss of rental income in the event of a claim. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Nelson Khan, Real Estate Pro in Brentwood, CA
Mon Jul 7, 2014
Nelson Khan answered:
Voluntary liens are liens that you agree to. A mortgage is a good example of this. You pledge your house as collateral for loan. The opposite of this is an involuntary lien. Like a tax lien - you didn't sign up for it, but if you don't pay your taxes you will end up with a lien on your property.

If this helps, please select this as the best answer :)
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Ali Qureshi, Real Estate Pro in Pleasanton, CA
Tue Apr 8, 2014
Ali Qureshi answered:
Ali Qureshi, Real Estate Pro in Pleasanton, CA
Tue Apr 8, 2014
Ali Qureshi answered:
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
James Nixon,  in Concord, CA
Thu Nov 21, 2013
James Nixon answered:
Hi Ramon,
Do you have a specific property in mind?? The Question went into a general questions mailbox.

James Nixon
Keller Williams

925-864-8817 ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Louwu,  in Irvine, CA
Fri Mar 26, 2010
Louwu answered:
My direct lender, Chinatrust Bank USA, specializes in flexible documentation scenarios. Our portfolio is geared towards the self employed, overseas US citizen, and foreign nationals. We accept overseas unaudited profit and loss business statements (for S/E), limited or no credit history, verbal verifications of employment (both domestic and foreign companies is OK), no green card (true foreign nationals), and loan sizes up to 1.5MM. 2nd homes are OK too.

The best part is that our rates are nowhere near close to hard money: our 3/1 ARM rate is 4.875!

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.


Lou Wu
(949) 870-2882 CELL
Chinatrust Bank USA
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Dave Sutton, Real Estate Pro in Portland, OR
Wed Mar 17, 2010
Dave Sutton answered:
You might want to take a look at these two documents from a title company that describe the steps in the process, most but not all of which would apply to your transaction.

The purchase process:

The escrow process
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Jesse Sierra, Real Estate Pro in Pomona, CA
Thu Oct 8, 2009
Jesse Sierra answered:
Mrs. Dottie
You have up to a year to get your home back.
You need current and pay the house completely off.
Talk to a real estate attorney.

Best Regards,
Jes Sierra, B.Sc.
Realtor® ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Johnny Huang,…, Real Estate Pro in Walnut Creek, CA
Tue Sep 1, 2009
Johnny Huang, MBA answered:
Adrian Hunti…, Real Estate Pro in SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Wed Aug 20, 2008
Adrian Huntington answered:
I noticed three units are available 205,311, and 315. I did three open houses at 1700 Laguna and know the area. Across the street there are a few banked owned properties that are not upgraded that will change the prices in the area. If you are looking to live in this condo for a while I say go for it. If it is for the short term you may want to wait a few months. I think 2734 OAK RD 92 in Walnut Creek may also work for you. it is listed for $184,000 Call me if you have more questions.

Good Luck Home shopping.

Adrian Huntington Realtor
Welcome Home Real Estate & Finance
53 La Serena Ct.
Alamo, CA 94507
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sarah Menear, Home Buyer in Canada, KY
Mon Aug 11, 2008
Sarah Menear answered:
I'm having the same type of issue. I bought a house (in Canada) and the seller didn't disclose to us the fact that there are big problems with the downstairs plumbing. The whole bathroom floor needs to be dug up so that we can access the pipes to fix. The seller knew about it, yet didn't mention to us. We had an inspection done, yet he didn't seem to find these issues either. So now we're stuck trying to figure out if she's to pay for this or not. The previous owner (before the seller) did all his own plumbing and didn't put in proper ventilation or S-trap's (therefore the sewer gas can leak into the pipes and into the house). Can we go back to her for compensation?? The plumber we had in estimated a total of $5000 to fix, should she be paying for this because she knew about it? She had plumbers in already a few times to figure out these issues (as she had them when she moved in). The neighbours even said she spoke to them (both sides) about plumbing issues. Does anyone know how this works... Thanks! ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Search Advice