Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 94518 : Real Estate Advice

  • All14
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying7
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 7
Tue Jun 20, 2017
Rich Reed answered:
Hi, Meagan. The short answer is yes, it's possible.

The longer answer is that there may be a procuring cause dispute between your old broker and your new one. Agents typically work for a broker and your purchase agreement, and other agreements, are actually with the broker not the agent. When you are represented by an agent/broker a legal "Agency" is created. Some possible reasons to seek termination of Agency could be due to the broker's/agent's professional abilities or conduct. Examples could include misrepresentations or failure to disclose, lack of knowledge with an area or type of property, being non- responsive to the client by failing to be timely or return calls, disclosures of conflicts of interest, self-dealing or negotiating skills. You should be certain that any Agency you have with your old broker is properly terminated. You should advise your new agent of the previous purchase agreement.

Many difficulties between clients and real estate professionals result from misunderstanding, miscommunication, or lack of adequate communication. If you have a problem with a real estate professional, you may want to speak with them or with a principal broker in the firm. Open, constructive discussion often resolves questions or differences, eliminating the need for further action.

If your agent is a Realtor (not all agents are Realtors), you could also seek help from the CAR Ombudsman at

I am a real estate broker qualified to advise you on California real estate matters, not the law. If you desire legal advice, consult with an attorney.

Hope this helps!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 15, 2014
Anna M Brocco answered:
Rent to own is really not a good idea, therefore consider fixing whatever is preventing you from purchasing outright. Rent to own can be risky and one could stand to lose a bit of money, therefore do inform yourself well, and consider consulting with an attorney who specializes in real estate beforehand. If you haven't done so yet, visit with any licensed loan officer, see if you can buy outright, or simply continue renting until a purchase can be made. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 16, 2014
Victoria Always Realtor Green answered:
Contact an insurance broker that can shop the rate for you at 714-447-0100.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat May 18, 2013
Mack McCoy answered:
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sat May 18, 2013
Ron Thomas answered:
Wed Apr 13, 2011
Kamal Randhawa answered:
Hello Monica,

You can sign up for various auction sites, I'm registered with which is very user friendly. I can take you to one of their auctions to give you a feeling of what its all about.

The other auctions you can go to are the courthouse auctions, as a new buyer, it will be very difficult for you to bid here as you'll be going up against seasoned investors with a lot of cash in their pockets.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 12, 2011
Monica that's dangerous waters. Usually all cash. I read one thread that was posted on Trulia where the buyer thought he bought a million dollar home for $370k and it turned out he bought the 2nd lien which is worthless.

Theres tons of things you need to know to make a wise purchase. And, if the property is priced right the pros will out bid you or sucker you into a bad deal. Be careful. Better than that, just forget this.

Happy funding, Rudi
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice