Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 94513 : Real Estate Advice

  • All83
  • Local Info7
  • Home Buying45
  • Home Selling6
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 10
Thu Nov 6, 2014
Mark Leach answered:
I am just realizing that we will probably have to file for bankruptcy. Will I be able to keep my home if I file for bankruptcy? The home is mortgaged so I am assuming that I won't be able to keep it. Is there a professional that I consult about this?
mark Leach |
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Wed May 18, 2011
Ryan Evanson answered:
You can find all the information you need with a little research. The following website link will take you to the Contra Costa County records website, where you can look up information you're seeking.

As an alternative, many of your local Realtors have resources available that can make this process much easier for you.
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 25, 2011
Isabelle M.J. Javier answered:
Hello Zaltatune,

Fannie Mae Servicing Support Center 888-326-6435. They can answer your questions. And they will work with you.

Best of luck,

Isabelle M.J. Javier
DRE# 01118928
People & Properties
Sotheby's International Realty
360 Diablo Road
Danville, CA 94526
925-209-1370 (direct)
925-837-8569 (fax)
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 6, 2011
David Chiles answered:
Thank you for your question about foreclosure listings in Brentwood, CA. I suggest checking the bank websites to see if any hit the market. Bank of America, Fannie Mae, and Chase all list their foreclosure properties on their respective websites.

This is not a substitute for working with a good local agent. This is Cyber Research you can do on your own.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 12, 2010
Anthony Galeano answered:
Rose, this is the pecfect time to buy if you don't believe me read this

If you still not convinced give me a call and I will be happy to talk with you. By the way I am in
Brentwood, at the Coldwell Banker office, should you need anything at all.


Anthony Galeano
... more
0 votes 35 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 28, 2008
Cynthia Alfred answered:
Hello Bo,

It is impossible to say with any certainly what the second will do. It just depends on the bank and if the second was original purchase money or a refinance where you pulled money out of your equity. I would suggest you contact an attorney and a CPA right away to discuss your particular situation and what steps to take to protect your other assets. You need the expertize of professionals, including a real estate agent, to make the best decision.

Best wishes
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 17, 2008
Anthony Pigati answered:
How much contact have you had with the owner lately? I recently knew of a tenant that was able to get his deposit back over a few months by just staying in contact with the previous owner and working with them. You can take hime to court and get a judgement but it may not payoff for a while. What you dont know is that he/she may have other assets/houses and a judgement may help, but I would try the sweet approach first. I have meet many well-to-do people letting houses go. Hope that helps :) ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 13, 2008
Jonathan Taylor answered:
See all Foreclosures below

Call me I will explain the differrence to you and show you the difference between them if you're serious about buying. Also remember the best deal for you is the main thing ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 19, 2008
Dorene Slavitz answered:
The best place to find any accurate Real Estate information is with an excellent Buyer Agent. I highly recommend that you retain one to help you!
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 8, 2008
Janice Spencer answered:
Dear Mr. M.

Perhaps you are thinking of owners who file bankruptcy and then are able to retain their primary residence. I'm also curious about the intent of your question. It sounds as though you are suggesting to people that there are ways to stay in a property after the bank has foreclosed or to forestall the foreclosure. If that is the case, then you should be very careful what advise you give. People who try some of these schemes actually may wind up forfeiting rights they have. And people who stay in properties after the bank has taken possession may also wind up with additional derogatory marks in the public record such as an unlawful detainer action. Anyone who finds themselves in a foreclosure situation should take any advise they get straight to an attorney to make sure that the advise is sound.

Janice Spencer
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice