Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 94122 : Real Estate Advice

  • All27
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying11
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 11
Wed Jun 14, 2017
Aleks Flom asked:
I'm looking at purchasing a 2 unit property, zoned RH-2. The main floor is a nicely sized flat, and there is a 1br, 1ba downstairs. I'd like to combine the two units to make it…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 8, 2015
Hi May,

By now, you should have found your answers, but just in case. I think what you are asking about is how the City of San Francisco handles conservatorship in the case where a person owns real property, and is not able to manage their own financial matters. The process is basically, to first identify the person's assets, then get control of them, then decide how to use them to at least theoretically support the person's care. This usually means selling property, and in cases where
family are not closely involved and cooperative, they can lose out on choices.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Dec 4, 2014
rosewwwdot answered:
Hello, I have created a digital design service for home exterior redesigns without a full renovation, you can see examples of our work here :


Rosemary Williams ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon May 28, 2012
James Romeo Holloway answered:
Contact Cecelia Tyeskey at Guarantee Mortgage (415) 345-4362

She likes to take time to discuss your future plans before a decision is made as to the loan you choose. This could not only save you money, but will help you make plans that will cover the long term instead of the short term. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri May 25, 2012
Steve Quintana answered:
Your plan looks reasonable and fair. Based on the facts you present there is no written contract binding you to the broker.

You did not ask whether there is some other theory or set of facts creating contractual liability.

If you like this answer, please recommend me on my profile page.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 28, 2010
Bev Smucha answered:
The foreclosure is supposed to be stopped during the modification process; however, mistakes happen. Your
client would of received all the notices, and posting, and should of contacted the lender to advise them that
a modification was in progress. They could try contacting a attorney to see if something wasn't processed
correctly. I have heard of reversals, but rare.

Bev Smucha
Office: 415-565-4498
Direct: 415-585-03
... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 25, 2010
David Tapper answered:
I agree with the others, you need to talk with a CPA, but you also need to talk with a mortgage professional to get pre-approved for a loan.

If your father is not going to use a real estate agent. He should have an attorney look over the paperwork and should still do all the disclosures.

We have all heard the horror stories over the years of problems when families or friends buy and sell homes to each other, for whatever reasons. You should also get a pest and home inspection to protect all the parties involved.


... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 29, 2009
Jed Lane answered:
There is a pending sale that is a 2/1 so you need to adjust your parameters and add the value of the second bathroom.
MLS Listing # 360192
I am assuming you have access to the MLS. iI you're taking appraisal assignments and getting paid, it really shouldn't matter what age you are. It should only matter that you can get the job done and have access to the neccessary tools to do the job that you've said you can do.

Good luck to you and the principles involved in the transaction you're working on.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jun 11, 2009
Rebecca Chambliss answered:
Your Broker is representing you, and you have to have confidence in their ability to do so. If something happened to make you lose confidence once I would suggest a long face to face conversations with your Broker. If something has happened multiple times, than I would suggest you find someone else who you do have faith in.

If the offer has been submitted to the Seller but not yet accepted, then you will likely have a hard time eliminating your current Broker from the transaction. You can certainly ask that another agent 'co-represent" you for the remainder of the transaction and ask that they split the commission.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 10, 2008
Dave Sutton answered:
I'm willing to work with a mortgage banker who will be happy to work with your VA Home Loan certificate. I just need to know the address of the home you're considering. (Even though you've looked at the listing, it doesn't automatically attach to your question) ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Aug 9, 2007
Joy Liu answered:
San Francisco real esate is as diverse as the people living in the city. While you can look at the average cost of a home, you can further break that average down to a particular area in San Francisco. An average home in the Sunset can be purchased in the $800k to $950k range; while that would go up substantially for an area like Pac Heights ($2,000,000+) - or go down as you look at areas like Silver Terrace ($600k to $700k range). These numbers also break down further when you compare a TIC to a Condo to a Single Family Home. Instead of looking top down for the average cost of a house in all of SF, you may want to consider looking at average costs by neighborhood/areas of SF. I have a neighorhood by neighborhood analysis if that would be helpful. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Search Advice