Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

94122 : Real Estate Advice

  • All27
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying11
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 19
Wed Aug 30, 2017
Zeo Niu answered:
Changing the zoning of a house in SF can be a tricky and complicated process. I recommend you check with the city or consult with a seasoned general contractor(who're familiar with the process) before you make a move to purchase. It depends on the neighborhood where the property locates (is it surrounded by RH-1 properties or RH-2?) and the local planning department's blueprint.

Contact me anytime if you want to discuss further.

Zeo Niu | Realtor | Lic. # 01998250
Better Homes & Gardens | Buyer's specialist & Residential/Commercial real estate
C (415) 644-8078 Email |
Team JDJ Testimonies:
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Dec 22, 2016
Hello Tim, get a few fee worksheets from a few lenders before making a decision. You would have to provide the appropriate documentation to get rate and term quotes.

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran & VA/CalVet Loan Specialist
REO & Short Sale Specialist
Credit Repair At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
24+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 17, 2016
We offer 100% financing for physicians and dentists at Cadence Bank.
0 votes 26 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 8, 2015
Hi May,

By now, you should have found your answers, but just in case. I think what you are asking about is how the City of San Francisco handles conservatorship in the case where a person owns real property, and is not able to manage their own financial matters. The process is basically, to first identify the person's assets, then get control of them, then decide how to use them to at least theoretically support the person's care. This usually means selling property, and in cases where
family are not closely involved and cooperative, they can lose out on choices.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Dec 4, 2014
rosewwwdot answered:
Hello, I have created a digital design service for home exterior redesigns without a full renovation, you can see examples of our work here :


Rosemary Williams ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 20, 2014
Robert Krop answered:
You will need to check with the landlord or leasing company on how they handle co-signers. Generally they will just sign on with you on the lease and the landlord/leasing company will also need to run their credit along with yours. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon May 28, 2012
James Romeo Holloway answered:
Contact Cecelia Tyeskey at Guarantee Mortgage (415) 345-4362

She likes to take time to discuss your future plans before a decision is made as to the loan you choose. This could not only save you money, but will help you make plans that will cover the long term instead of the short term. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri May 25, 2012
Steve Quintana answered:
Your plan looks reasonable and fair. Based on the facts you present there is no written contract binding you to the broker.

You did not ask whether there is some other theory or set of facts creating contractual liability.

If you like this answer, please recommend me on my profile page.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 17, 2012
Manzar Azari answered:
you are so lucky to live in zip code 94122... one of the best zip code which protected by fabulous SF rent board... just call them and they will be more than happy to asset you and also get you a free legal consultant if needed. i love San Francisco... ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 21, 2011
Andrew Wilkinson answered:
Debroah: The bathroom is amazing and one of the reasons we chose the apartment in the first place; walk in shower with a tiled floor and clean, modern bathroom fixtures. I'm trying to get along my landlord, mainly because he is a good guy and is trying to do the right thing. But also because it is an in-law apartment, and so my landlord lives literally right above me, and I don't want a hostile/awkward living environment. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 28, 2010
Bev Smucha answered:
The foreclosure is supposed to be stopped during the modification process; however, mistakes happen. Your
client would of received all the notices, and posting, and should of contacted the lender to advise them that
a modification was in progress. They could try contacting a attorney to see if something wasn't processed
correctly. I have heard of reversals, but rare.

Bev Smucha
Office: 415-565-4498
Direct: 415-585-03
... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 25, 2010
David Tapper answered:
I agree with the others, you need to talk with a CPA, but you also need to talk with a mortgage professional to get pre-approved for a loan.

If your father is not going to use a real estate agent. He should have an attorney look over the paperwork and should still do all the disclosures.

We have all heard the horror stories over the years of problems when families or friends buy and sell homes to each other, for whatever reasons. You should also get a pest and home inspection to protect all the parties involved.


... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 29, 2009
Jed Lane answered:
There is a pending sale that is a 2/1 so you need to adjust your parameters and add the value of the second bathroom.
MLS Listing # 360192
I am assuming you have access to the MLS. iI you're taking appraisal assignments and getting paid, it really shouldn't matter what age you are. It should only matter that you can get the job done and have access to the neccessary tools to do the job that you've said you can do.

Good luck to you and the principles involved in the transaction you're working on.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jun 11, 2009
Rebecca Chambliss answered:
Your Broker is representing you, and you have to have confidence in their ability to do so. If something happened to make you lose confidence once I would suggest a long face to face conversations with your Broker. If something has happened multiple times, than I would suggest you find someone else who you do have faith in.

If the offer has been submitted to the Seller but not yet accepted, then you will likely have a hard time eliminating your current Broker from the transaction. You can certainly ask that another agent 'co-represent" you for the remainder of the transaction and ask that they split the commission.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue May 26, 2009
Karen Barrett answered:
Great Answers Below, It is what you want it to be, by it 's very location. Could it also be a formal dining room? Depending on where the kitchen is? If it has a closet it could be USED as another bedroom, although you may not be able to classify it as a bedroom or advertise it as such because of subdivision/city or county/state requirements or possible restrictions. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 10, 2008
Dave Sutton answered:
I'm willing to work with a mortgage banker who will be happy to work with your VA Home Loan certificate. I just need to know the address of the home you're considering. (Even though you've looked at the listing, it doesn't automatically attach to your question) ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Aug 9, 2007
Joy Liu answered:
San Francisco real esate is as diverse as the people living in the city. While you can look at the average cost of a home, you can further break that average down to a particular area in San Francisco. An average home in the Sunset can be purchased in the $800k to $950k range; while that would go up substantially for an area like Pac Heights ($2,000,000+) - or go down as you look at areas like Silver Terrace ($600k to $700k range). These numbers also break down further when you compare a TIC to a Condo to a Single Family Home. Instead of looking top down for the average cost of a house in all of SF, you may want to consider looking at average costs by neighborhood/areas of SF. I have a neighorhood by neighborhood analysis if that would be helpful. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 31, 2007
Mary Fenton answered:
Hi Heather. There are a few different sections of the Sunset District. The Outer Sunset, closest to the ocean, is the most affordable and has stayed level in terms of appreciation over the last year. As you travel inland, the prices and desirability get a bit higher. Both the Central Sunset and the Inner Parkside neighborhoods' average sales price went up 6% from this time last year. If you travel one more neighborhood in, you arrive at the Inner Sunset which is the most desirable of the Sunset overall, and the average sales price there has gone up 14% from this time last year. All of these statistics come from our very own Trulia; just click on the neighborhood guide and find the neighborhood of interest. You can look at all of the statistics you want, but it is the basic law of supply and demand that tells the story. The most popular neighborhoods are always the quickest to appreciate. If you are not familiar with the neighborhood dynamics in any area be sure and ask your local Realtor to fill you in. ... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice