Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 94110 : Real Estate Advice

  • All83
  • Local Info8
  • Home Buying45
  • Home Selling6
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 38
Thu Aug 10, 2017
Nymzhomes answered:
They are the worst. Loan officer stated closing in 25 days-- it's already 75 days they're still asking for 1000 documents. their 24-48 hours wait means one week. They always come up with something. Buyers are putting 25% down, good creditors, house was appraised 30% over value. But Wells Fargo's turn around time is killing everything. Nothing positive about this lender. ... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 15, 2017
Faith answered:

Since, your listing property is currently Off Market and temporary we do not have an Edit Home Facts Button, I have been removed the property description on your behalf. Please note that if you intend to put your home on the market, you or your agent will have the ability to create a new updated listing.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 11, 2017
There may be quite a few options available to you, depending on your credit, income and assets, as home values have significantly increased in San Francisco since 2006.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss your options. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 16, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
That depends on whether you signed a buyer agency agreement with that agent or not. If you didn't, you could write an offer with a new agent. However, beware that even if you didn't have an agency agreement in place with the first agent, he still could argue they were the procuring cause and deserve a commission. You may want to sit down with your agent and explain the situation and why you don't want to work with him anymore. He may offer to refer you to someone else in his office. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Sep 24, 2016
Susie Kay answered:
That's very possible. The previous inspection report belong to the first buyer and it could be the buyer didn't release the report to the seller (or buyer's agent) out of courtesy to the seller OR it could be that the seller and seller's agent not wanting to receive the report. I've seen it either way. If you are concern about not receiving the first inspection report then I would suggest that you look for another property. You will need to have the property inspected by your own inspector regardless whether the property has a previous inspection or not so the decision is yours whether you'd like to proceed.

Good luck!

Susie Kay
United Real Estate Dallas
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 1, 2015
Paul Cervenak answered:

1. Did you hire the inspector that made the determination of the alleged roof defects?
2. Is the inspector licensed to issue legitimate assessments of roofs (many states have no requirement whatsoever for "home inspectors").

Just because some third party makes a determination about an alleged defect on your property does not mean it's true, and not laced with opinions intended to benefit the inspector's client (not you). You have no obligation to disclose an alleged defect--just a real one--one that you've experienced personally, or that you have personal awareness.

As a caveat you would want to insert into your Disclosures something to the effect: "Seller is not personally aware of any defect involving the roof, but recommends a professional inspection of same".
... more
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 28, 2015
Carol Lin answered:
Hi there, I would check the purchase contract you are using to see if there is a clause in regards to this. I usually let the sellers get a copy as a courtesy since we poked through his house. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 10, 2014
Charanjeet Ajmani answered:
Hi Claudia,

You have options to get back on track. Your goal is to buy a house, and for that you'll need a mortgage. The best course of action would be to talk to one who has experience handling such cases and is preferably local. Here is a list of top mortgage bankers in San Francisco Bay Area.

Hope this helps.


... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 21, 2014
kellylongosf answered:
Bernal is great for many reasons...Like Noe, the weather is awesome. Bernal is close to the freeway so this can shorten your commute, close proximity to many parks, mission district, downtown and Bart. Even in today's market you get more for your money in Bernal - both areas have lots of single family homes with yards. Parking is much easier in Bernal, and the windy curvy roads make it extra charming. I agree with the previous post regarding Bernal Hill, which is great for dogs and views of the city. Both areas are community / family oriented, however Noe has more shopping / restaurant options. Hope this helps ... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 26, 2013
That shouldn't be any problem. All you need is a letter of explanation, preferably from your boss or HR noting that your income will not be affected.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 14, 2013
Trevor Johnson answered:
The single most important rule in selling real estate is "disclose, disclose, disclose."
The more up front you are with everything you know about the property the better protected you are from potential post closing problems. ... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 31, 2013
Linda Ehrich answered:
Unless you are making an offer on a home with major issues, there should not be a problem with the appraisal. Always do an inspection. If your agent is concerned, make sure the inspections are not mentioned in the contract but do your due diligence during the inspection contingency period. If you waive the inspection contingency you are accepting the property in its As Is condition without learning about any problems. For example, do you want to find out that you need a new roof after you've moved in? You need to know that now so you can negotiate repairs. It is not in your best interest to waive the inspection report. ... more
0 votes 28 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 31, 2013
Irina Karan answered:
I suggest to review your contract for such situations.
It is also best to speak with your attorney.

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 30, 2013
Irina Karan answered:
You must have your paperwork from the BK.
In it, it will be shown, and you need to show it to your bank as a proof.

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Feb 26, 2013
aweb answered:
Is the fence a bit old? It's possible they are looking for an "excuse" to take down the old one and control the look of the replacement. That's the only answer that would make sense to me for such a small distance. ... more
1 vote 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 15, 2012
No Name answered:
OMG! this is my situation right now as a client. I purchased an investment property a year ago. My realtor gave me a list price of 20,000 over even what I had suggested to her. She was confident that she could get it sold and quickly. The first offer I received was within 30days of listing and she was very excited. I couldn't understand why she was so happy as I was pissed that she even presented me with an offer 50% of the list price. It was a cash offer from an investor which I later found out was also someone that she worked with. (Clearly a Setup). After I reject her offer 3 months go by and she makes no contact with me concerning the house, whether to lower price, lack of interest, etc. I finally contact her to find out what I need to do to get this place sold. Then she replies with her thoughts on the price based on the ACTUAL COMPS and not a figure that she pulled out of her you know what. Now she wants to advise me to list 25-30k lower than the current list price. Which just so happens to be very close to the offer she initially got me. I know several things seem wrong here as far as her professional ability to guide this transaction, starting with her lack of communication and the fact that she never actually ran comps. I never even thought that the high price could have been intentional just for the listing. If it was, it backed fired in my opinion. I did lower the price 10k so far, but I am also looking for another listing agent with more knowledge about the current market. I will also walk away very angry and feeling betrayed because I trusted her professional advice and I based my renovations etc on the potential list price she gave. I could understand being a few grand off as you can't really predict the market, but 30k off. I guess a lesson learned. This was my first time attempting this type of investment, at least worst case if I drop it to rock bottom I still stand to break even and move on. Just sucks that I would have gotten the same return, with half the money and time I invested. If this is your practice please consider your client. I would much rather work with someone honest and upfront, than someone that is trying to get over. It did not benefit her at all. She will loose this listing and I am already seeking another realtor for future purchases. ... more
0 votes 27 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 13, 2012
Jed Lane answered:
You should contact an attorney to answer this question. You can also ask the escrow officer, if one is involved, to look at this deed of trust and compare it to the hundreds they've seen in the past. You might also look in your own records for the deed of trust on the loan that you are refinancing.
I guess of none of those options appeal to you then you can contact the California Department of Real Estate.
Agents handle the market transfer of real estate, we are not licensed to give legal opinions on the meanings of various deeds of trust.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Mar 28, 2012
Knock answered:
It doesn't matter if it was previously two units. You might think it would, but the planning commission, who will be making the decision on this, generally does not care if it was originally one or two. You can do this through a unit merger, which can be a lengthy but difficult process, and will require at least one hearing in front of the commission. Staff planners will try to convince you not to do this, but most get approved by the commission or via appeal. You can also merge the two units and create a replacement unit somewhere on the property , possibly a ground floor if not used, as long as it has more than 75% the original square footage and is comparable in quality (aka, not in a basement). Hope this helps.

Ryan Knock
Architect, LEED AP BD+C, CGBP
Knock Architecture and Design
1405 Franklin Street #307
San Francisco, CA 94109
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 26, 2012
Gabrielle Dahms answered:
Sinply put, buying whatever you end up buying right is essential. Determine what you want: cashflow, long-term appreciation, or both. Compute all the numbers involved in your deal and what you are getting. Determine what time frame you are in the investment for. Have an exit strategy. Feel free to call me to discuss your situation and details. 415-200-7202 ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 14, 2011
Oggi Kashi answered:
Yes, you may as long as your share is paid in cash.

Oggi Kashi
Broker Associate, Paragon Real Estate Group CA DRE 01844627
All data from sources deemed reliable but subject to error and omission, and not warranted. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice