Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Remodel & Renovate in 94066 : Real Estate Advice

  • All22
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 3
Sun Oct 15, 2017
Susie Kay answered:
It depends on the contractor you hire and what upgrades you want to put in it. I would suggest obtaining a couple bids and go from there.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat May 30, 2015
Capterk answered:
No. The pole was probably there before the wall was built and it is likely that the wall is not supporting the pole. If the wall is supporting four feet of earth, then the distance from the top of teh back fill to hte bottom of the wall's foundation will be greater than four feet, In this case, you will need to get a permit if you replace the wall, (but maybe not if you reinforce it).

To get a permit you will need an engineer's (or architect's) stamped plans and calculations.

To reinforce the wall, you may only need a contractor.

Contractors usually give free estimates (but then have to try to sell you something). Engineers usually charge you for a site visit, but they then may tell you not to worry until it gets a lot worse.

Good contractor is Al Mosqueda at Axsis Construction i south City, good engineers are Kembcon in Burlingame.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice