Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

94066 : Real Estate Advice

  • All22
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 19
Tue Jul 19, 2016
June Buerkle answered:
You can ask anytime.

As a landlord, I expect to get 3 yrs minima ... preferably 5 out of carpet.

But every year, when a tenant renews a lease I provide them one upgrade/modification as a thank you.

A couple of times tenants have asked for new or different carpet.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jun 22, 2016
Giovanna asked:
Sat May 30, 2015
Capterk answered:
No. The pole was probably there before the wall was built and it is likely that the wall is not supporting the pole. If the wall is supporting four feet of earth, then the distance from the top of teh back fill to hte bottom of the wall's foundation will be greater than four feet, In this case, you will need to get a permit if you replace the wall, (but maybe not if you reinforce it).

To get a permit you will need an engineer's (or architect's) stamped plans and calculations.

To reinforce the wall, you may only need a contractor.

Contractors usually give free estimates (but then have to try to sell you something). Engineers usually charge you for a site visit, but they then may tell you not to worry until it gets a lot worse.

Good contractor is Al Mosqueda at Axsis Construction i south City, good engineers are Kembcon in Burlingame.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jan 30, 2015
Sam Shueh answered:
MLS gives 10 days after COE to remove all interior photos except front photo. After that they will not honor it. That is you need to confirm it your self.

Is it syndicated frm MLS or your agent created an account and upload all photos? ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Dec 9, 2013
Brian Nguyen answered:
Do you know your exact credit score? Who knows, your credit score still may be acceptable. For example, I have been able to give out FHA loans with scores as low as 580. So if you are in that range or above you will have a shot at a loan with a lender like myself. Otherwise, I recommend that you work on your credit score a bit. The simplest way to improve your score would be to pay off your debt and revolving credit balance on time. It's also important to understand that you're ability to obtain a loan relies on other factors as well. These factors include income, expenses, assets, liabilities, debt, employment, down payment, as well as credit scores. Either way, I suggest you speak with a lender like myself who would be glad to speak with you to help you get the loan that you need. Well I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or if you would like a loan, feel free to contact me! Good Luck! Brian Nguyen Sr. Mortgage Banker NMLS # 659743 Phone: 949.667.2887 ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 5, 2013
JR Thrasher answered:
Get an agent and have them contact the owner.

J.R. Thrasher
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 4, 2013
Lee Ginsburg answered:
The bank wants to verify the value. It is possible if the seller gives you a list of improvements or better yet, invoices of the improvements the bank may waive the second appraisal. They need to substantiate the difference in value. Another thought would be a desk top appraisal. If all else fails pay for the second appraisal. Don't let a few hundred dollars kill the deal. Possibly your loan agent can cover it.
good luck
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 25, 2013
Alexander Greer answered:
Well it really depends on what you can afford. Try getting pre-approved for a purchase mortgage and this question will probably answer itself. But affordability aside Millbrae is the best of the three.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
NMLS #1056079

... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 8, 2013
Christopher Pohlman answered:
HI Leslie,

In my opinion, your ability to rent with bad credit will ultimately be limited BUT....

If you are dealing with a larger corporation, they will have tenant standards within their policies, and the employees are unlikely to break a company policy to rent to you. If you are working with a person, especially the actual owner of the property, they may possibly take into consideration the reason for your low credit. For instance, you may have had a divorce which led to the poor credit, fraud of some sort, foreclosure etc. If you are able to explain the situation and its not simply years of poor money management, owners I believe will consider you in that regard.

We're all human and everyone experiences ups and downs.

Best of luck on your new home search.
Yours in Real Estate,

Christopher Pohlman
DRE 01838445
1.888.669.8881 toll free
650.288.9033 cell
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 20, 2012
Simon Campbell answered:
Your tenant rights exist for the term of your contract regardless of who owns the property. That is unless you default on the lease agreement which gives the owner the right to evict you.

If you really like the place you rent and are in a position to buy, you could consider contacting th the lender that sent the Notice of Trustee's Sale and discuss purchasing the property. Usually they want to sell the property for the loan balance plus any fees such as loan late fees, legal costs etc.

If you do not get anywhere with the Lender, contact the property owner (your landlord) and ask if they would be willing to sell the property to you. You would have one of two options:

Option #1: Prepare a purchase agreement and have the owner submit it to the lender for a short sale.

Option #2: If you cannot get a bank loan (poor credit, do not have 20% downpayment), you could purchase the property on a land contract. Your downpayment would be the amount owed to the lender to stop the foreclosure process. Then you use the LC payment to pay on the mortgage. After 3 - 5 years you should have enough equity and a stronger credit rating to apply for a loan.

Simon Campbell -
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 10, 2012
Maria Cipollone answered:
Pending status is normally used for traditional sales after the seller accept the offer and for short sales after have been approved by the bank.

Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone

Century 21 Tenace
... more
3 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 14, 2010
Kyle answered:
Impossible to answer that. Its subjective and not something you can quantify on a report.

All I can say is this, in 2005 you could have had 100 people tell you Bernie Madoff was the highest integrity banker in New York.

Ask for a referral from someone you trust.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 16, 2010
Mac Mccarthy answered:
Well, there could be a lot of ways, but one of the easiest would be to travel to some open houses on the weekends and chat with some of the realtors holding open homes in your area. After a good conversation you could usually tell who has a pulse on your local market. After doing that set up an appointment and interview the agent for the job. One agent that I know works and lives the San Bruno market is Dave Tapper 415-370-7195. He's been a top agent in San Bruno for many years. Call or google him and I think you might be impressed by his volume of San Bruno transactions.

Good Luck,

... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 31, 2009
Kyle answered:
You both should apply and be pre approved for a single new mortgage loan of the 550k purchase, prior to pulling all the cash out of your property. If you need a lender to approve you and handle both of these transactions simultaneously you can visit my online application: ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 26, 2009
David Tapper answered:
Usually a corporation forms an LLC and the loan is based on the property, downpayment and one of the partners of the LLC. From what one learned from a client of mine, you normally have a large downpayment.

The best person to break it down for you would probably your mortgage professional.

Good luck,

Dave Tap Tapper
Cashin Company
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jun 2, 2009
Homa Moaddel answered:

Yes most major RE broker firms will insist and require you to become a Realtor. A Realtor is obligated to follow certain code of ethics and by being a Realtor you will join a group that is very powerful in protecting our industry and big firms want to support that.

Prudential CA Realty
Mission Viejo
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice