Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 93312 : Real Estate Advice

  • All30
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying18
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 7
Thu Mar 13, 2014
Linda Oliver answered:
There are always many factors that come into play. In California, seconds on homes are forgiven if your loan was for home improvements or for the original purchase. If however, you bought "stuff" with the money, you will be responsible for that dept. It is always a good idea to consult your attorney or CPA if there are other circumstances that affect your situation. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed May 15, 2013
John 'Rob' Anderson answered:
Please contact me at the number below to discuss in detail. Feel free to email me as well.

Kerry Anderson
Keller Williams Realty
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 20, 2011
Michael Richert answered:
There is a projected date and an actual sale date and time. The difference is usually the time of the sale being stated. The indefinate postponment is usually because of the homowner filing bankrupsy or being in the middle of a loan modification workout. If you email me at I can tell you if it's an actual sale date. I have access to BofA's trustee sale information.

Trustee sales happen all the time with the homeowner thinking everything is on hold. You can lose your house if you don't get on top of the problem quick.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 27, 2010
Bill Profeta answered:
Pre-foreclosure means that the house will be going back to the mortgage lender. You will probably have to seek another rental to live in. Call me at 661-301-0708 and I will be happy to assist you in finding another house to rent.
Profeta Real Estate Services
Property Management & Sales
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Aug 9, 2009
Sherry Ferfes answered:
You should be talking to your realtor. They should be the one to find out what is going on with the property and your emd.

Sherry Ferfes
Century 21 Doug Anderson
661-952-2602 ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 22, 2009
Melissa Zavala answered:
Judicial foreclosure in California is rarely used, and only in the absence of a power of sale clause in the loan document or when the lender is seeking a court order for a deficiency judgment. The lender must sue the borrower to obtain a decree of foreclosure and order of sale. The court may also order that the borrower has up to one year to redeem the property.

Non-judicial foreclosure is much more common in California. The bank can file a Notice of Default after 3 months of missed payments, and then foreclose as soon as 3 months and 3 weeks later. Banks are busy now, so these traditional time frames do not always apply.

If you cannot afford to make payments and you do not have enough income to qualify for a loan modification of any kind, then your best bets would be a short sale, a deed-in-lieu (not always an option), or foreclosure.

You should always consult an attorney and/or an accountant. Sounds like you already spoke with an attorney. You may want to call 888-995-HOPE (HUD-approved counselors) if you have additional questions.
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Apr 22, 2009
blaison samuel answered:

You got some good advice from other realtor professionals over here. Foreclosure should be your last option. Now, you have to decide whether you want to keep it or not. Did you try for loan modification? Talk to you lender, they may work with you to make an affordable payment. If you cannot get loan modification then the best option is to do short sale. Always work with an experienced short sale agent who have successfully closed the sale. Check with your CPA or attorney any tax ramificaiton.

Blaison Samuel
Certified Short Sale Specialist
... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice