Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

93036 : Real Estate Advice

  • All10
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 6
Tue Jan 26, 2016

If the refinance was done as owner occupied, most loan programs require you just occupy the home for the first 12 months of the mortgage in order to satisfy the occupancy requirement. After the 12 months is up you are free to move out of the home without violating that requirement.

Feel free to contact me if you have further questions and I'll be happy to answer them.

Shane Milne | Lending in all 50 states | NMLS #81195 | 949-273-4161 direct
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Dec 28, 2014
Christine CardosoMoore answered:
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri May 3, 2013
Blanca Dover answered:
Yes, Mello-Roos is a separate tax from property taxes. Mello-Roos are special taxes that are commonly issued by an assessment district to raise money needed to build infrastructure (schools, fire station, utility lines, roads, etc.). The properties that directly benefit from the improvements are then levied as part of the annual property tax bill. You should be able to find your Mello-Roos special tax as a line item on that bill. In rare cases, a Mello-Roos district will send out its own bill.

Blanca Dover, REALTOR
Century21 Hometown Realty

Cell: 805-427-5646

... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 2, 2012
Barry Shapiro answered:
As Don mentioned, we can access this information, along with a CMA, trends reports and inventory counts in a matter of several minutes. I also have access to an E.A. (Enrolled Agent), licensed to represent US citizens before the I.R.S., in the event the appeal isn't going well for you. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 13, 2011
Lance King answered:

You mention escrow, so presumably you put your deposit with a title company. If that's the case, the way it works is this:

Buyer or buyer's agent notifies the title company they want to cancel the escrow and get their deposit back. The title company then sends out cancellation instructions to buyer and seller for signature. If/when both parties sign the title co can release the funds. The title co is a neutral third party who will not adjudicate a dispute, so if the seller refuses to sign you will have to use the dispute resolution as outlined in your purchase contract.

If you follow up with more details I might be able to offer more specific advice.

Best Regards,

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
DRE# 01384425
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 27, 2010
Bonnie Sterling answered:
Hi Robert, Barry answered your question pretty thoroughly. If you are looking to save costs you might also check with your homeowners insurance provider. Because of the change in value, you might find that you were overinsured. Of course, you'll want to dicuss that with your insurer because they are the best ones to make sure that you are adequately covered but in my case, I was able to make some adjustments this year to change my policy costs. Also, I increased my deductible, deciding that I was unlikely to file a claim for a small amount. You might ask about that too.

Good luck and it's smart of you to pay attention to these items and reevaluate your position from time to time.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice