Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Local Info in 92648 : Real Estate Advice

  • All54
  • Local Info11
  • Home Buying25
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 10
Sat Aug 5, 2017
Jgb3514 asked:
Thu Jun 8, 2017
1colleenwalton answered:
Wed Jan 14, 2015
John.H.Wooley answered:
If you have to ask anybody for permission to put anything on "your" property,

The most basic principal of OWNERSHIP is if you have to ask anyone's permission to do what you want with something - IT IS NOT YOURS!

If anyone can tell you what you can and cannot do on what you have been led to believe is your property obviously has a far higher claim to it than you do.

What claim do you have to "your" property? A "warranty deed"?
What is that? A warranty there is a deed? Sure, somewhere there is a deed for that property.
The only thing you can know for sure is that YOU DON'T HAVE IT!
All you have is a warranty there is a deed somewhere.

MAYBE that is why you are listed as a "tenant" on that warranty. Read it sometime.

"Pink slip"? That is what a woman wears under a dress. It is NOT proof of ownership of your car;
Neither is a "certificate of title" from the private corporation named DMV.
They own your car because you gave it to them.
What is that? Read it! A Certificate there is a title somewhere. The only thing you can know for sure is that YOU DON'T HAVE IT!
We the persons [sic} are not allowed to own anything. It's all been stolen.
Or we were coned into giving it away
Wake up before it's too late for us all.
The country was founded upon documents that started with the words. . .
We hold these truths to be SELF EVIDENT -
Obviously we need to stop reading at that point and get an attorney to tell us what it means!
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat May 24, 2014
Ruth and Perry Mistry answered:
Dear Higoka-San

Right if "SF" is listed under Zoning
It means Single Family residence.

Huntington Beach is a great area to be buying
Happy house hunting and enjoy your new home.

Hope you are working with a fine Realtor.

Best regards
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat May 24, 2014
doyle davison answered:
Zoning categories and symbols vary among communities. A C-1 zone in one city is not necessarily the same as a C-1 in another. Typically, jurisdictions use letters of the alphabet as code abbreviations to identify the use allowed in a physical geographic area -- such as R for residential, C for commercial, and I for industrial. These symbols are usually paired with some number. The number can specify the level of use, or it may indicate a certain amount of acreage or square footage for that particular property.

The City of Orange Zoning Code is contained in Title 17 of the Orange Municipal Code (OMC) and represents the minimum requirement for the promotion of the public safety, health, convenience, comfort, prosperity or general welfare
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 4, 2013
Drive on in to the city, it is on the corner of Main Street and York Town. Go to the City planning dept on the 2nd floor they will be able to let you know for sure. It looks like you are in New York
would you like me to do that for you you?

If you need me to do that call me at:

Or click my picture and leave me a message, I will need the address.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat May 4, 2013
Kawain Payne answered:
You can see the home by having your agent arrange a viewing.

You would finance it the same way you finance any other property.

The only red flag would be if the property was in poor shape and does not need lender conditions for funding.

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Prudential California Realty
... more
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 20, 2013
Barbara Robbins-Olexa answered:
Check with the City Zoning Department and if you would need to rezone it or if you can be grandfathered in since it is a commercial use now.

I had a listing in Garden Grove which the owner had rezoned to residential from commercial so it is possible depends on kinds of property the city wants in the area or the residence that live in the area.

Hope that helps get you started in the right direction,

Barbara Robbins-Olexa, Broker
DRE Lic#797560
L B Brokerge
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 25, 2013
John Arendsen answered:
If you're in a neighborhood that is zoned for "Accessory Dwelling Units" (ADU's) and you meet all the setback issues there's no problem as long as you pull all the required permits. Trying to do it without a permit as some have suggested is fool hardy and won't garner you any value as an improvement. In fact in some cases when you go to sell the home you may even have to re convert it back to its original state. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 1, 2012
Rusty Watts answered:
Hi Jeanne!
There is a great Catholic High School close to where I live. Mater Dei High School in Santa Ana ! Several of my neighbors children attend there so I could connect you with them. That being the case,the best location for you would be North Huntington Beach, from the choices you have given me.
If you are open to other suggestions,I can recommend other areas for you. The main concern would be, where are you going to work?
AS I said before, children in our neighborhood attend there and there is a carpool group that helps each other. I'll get the hotline going to connect you to them when you are ready!

Rusty Watts
Coldwell Banker Beachside
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice