Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 92627 : Real Estate Advice

  • All23
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying10
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 10
Wed Nov 27, 2013
Michael Parker answered:
You may want to consider a different avenue...

I work directly with REO, Bank Owned, Divorce Sales, Probate Sales, Trust Liquidations, Tax Default Homes, Neg. Assessment property, NOD, and other forms of distressed home sales. If there is a deal to be found, I find it.

Working with investors for 14 years, who always have their eye on the bottom line, has taught me to think differently. Let's make this work for you!
... more
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 12, 2013
Reginald Peterson answered:
You should explain your concern to the real estate agent and the escrow company. Seller should pay the fees associated with delinquent taxes
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 21, 2012
Karen Parsons Fiddler answered:
@ Maryann...isn't that the funniest thing? 2 1/2 year old question. While others might benefit from our answers, it's kind of silly to be addressing our Ms. Swelman....whom I hope has found a home by now. Happy Sunday ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 21, 2012
Brian G Gibney answered:
I will send you a private evaluation.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 11, 2012
Bianca Avila answered:
Where was your agent during all of this? Your real estate agent should have been helping you along the way on the proper steps to take and been mediating between the listing agent, escrow and you.
The sellers should shave completed the repairs prior to closing per the contract or should have given you a credit thru escrow to complete the work yourself.
I recommend contacting a real estate lawyer to review your contract and discuss your rights.
I wish you the best of luck!
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Tue May 8, 2012
John Arendsen answered:
We certainly don't mind answering your questions, however, before you ever put down any money on a MH in a rent/lease park/community you will need to get accepted by the park management at which time they will disclose the space rent, utilities, all related fees and costs and disclose the rules and regulations. 

To put you mind at ease somewhat it is very difficult to change the use of a "Manufactured Home" park/community nowadays. In fact if there were any activities going in that direction it would be well known and publicized by now. Believe me you'd know about it.

If someone wants to change the use of a MH park/community it can take years if not decades. I've been through several as an owner and an expert witness. "The Mobilehome Parks Act" aka Title 25 is the California Housing and Community Development Department's (HCD) mandate. Within it is a section called the "Relocation Act" (refer to the link below) which specifically protects homeowners from being unfairly or inappropriately displaced or relocated.

There are some other things you need to know about purchasing a manufactured home as well. If it's a pre HUD, built before June 15, 1976 there could be some issues with caustic and carcinogenic chemicals i.e. formaldahyde, asbestos, etc.

Additionally, trying to obtain financing for a Pre HUD home is very difficult. 

You also need to have the home thoroughly inspected by an experienced Manufactured Home inspector and not just any home inspector.

There are several nuances about manufactured homes that an inexperienced MH inspector doesn't even know to addresss. 

Make sure they check the understructure (crawl space area) to see what kind of condition all the piers and pads are in and if the home is level.

They also need to check for rips and tears in the vapor barrier (membrane seperating the ground from the floor and holding the insulation in place. 

They also need to look for any signs of drainage issues i.e. standing water, soil erosion, gaping cracks in the soil, etc. Many parks/communities were built in flood plains and have an inherent problem with drainage issues which can lead to instability of the piers and pads and mold issues. 

Finally make sure that the home has a Housing and Community Development Department (HCD) approved Earthquake Resistant Bracing System (ERBS) in place as that area is in a zone 4 seismic area and manufacture homes are extremely vulnerable to earthquakes. 

If you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us. Even though we do not service your area we would be more than happy to help you at no cost. We have been in the manufactured home business for almost 30 years and are a licensed general and manufactured home contractor, manufactured home dealer and developer and a real estate broker.

Costa Mesa is a little out of our direct path of service but do feel free to contact us should you need further assistance. We will be happy to consult with you on this matter at no charge as long as we can do it telephonically or through email. My number is 760 815-6977 and my email is 760 815-6977.

We have almost 3 decades of experience in all facets of this industry and would be happy to asset you. Take a few moments to check out our websites.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 16, 2012
John Arendsen answered:
Sun Jun 20, 2010
Mott Marvin Kornicki answered:
Here is the definition of FORECLOSURE:

Foreclosure is the legal process by which a mortgagee, or other lien holder, usually a lender, obtains a court ordered termination of a mortgagor's equitable right of redemption.[clarification needed] Usually a lender obtains a security interest from a borrower who mortgages or pledges an asset like a house to secure the loan. If the borrower defaults and the lender tries to repossess the property, courts of equity can grant the borrower the equitable right of redemption if the borrower repays the debt. While this equitable right exists, the lender cannot be sure that it can successfully repossess the property, thus the lender seeks to foreclose the equitable right of redemption. Other lien holders can also foreclose the owner's right of redemption for other debts, such as for overdue taxes, unpaid contractors' bills or overdue homeowners' association dues or assessments.

The foreclosure process as applied to residential mortgage loans is a bank or other secured creditor selling or repossessing a parcel of real property (immovable property) after the owner has failed to comply with an agreement between the lender and borrower called a "mortgage" or "deed of trust". Commonly, the violation of the mortgage is a default in payment of a promissory note, secured by a lien on the property. When the process is complete, the lender can sell the property and keep the proceeds to pay off its mortgage and any legal costs, and it is typically said that "the lender has foreclosed its mortgage or lien". If the promissory note was made with a recourse clause then if the sale does not bring enough to pay the existing balance of principal and fees the mortgagee can file a claim for a deficiency judgment.

Lenders take title to a prorty in default and offer it to another buyer...
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 27, 2009
Emily Knell answered:
Your Welcome! I hope you're able to find a great deal in Costa Mesa. Again, it's important to drive the area & figure out which neighborhoods you like the best, you should also check just over the border into South Huntington Beach, there are many more neighborhoods over there that are much like the Costa Mesa side.

If you find a particular area you like but aren't finding enough homes on the market that look like they'll work for you, just let me know. It may just require my digging around a bit, there's likely homeowners who are terribly upside down & you could get a great deal on a short sale/pre-foreclosure property.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Sep 29, 2009
Rich Littlefield answered:
Search Advice