Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 92626 : Real Estate Advice

  • All22
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 5
Sun Aug 20, 2017
Garnicavalerie answered:
My boyfriend bought a house last year and he is wanting to transfer the mortgage to my name being that we have two kids and we will be separating soon. What is the best way for me to become full owner of the propert? Should I buy the property from him? Refinance the loan and add me as owner? Or just get added on the deed? ... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 12, 2016
Colin Delaney answered:
OCLisa, You can actually report them to the local board of realtors and they would more than likely be sanctioned for their actions.
Lots of agents leave properties listed "active" too long because they are trying capture more leads.

Let me know if I can help.

Best of luck!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 29, 2014
Brittany Leighton answered:
Great question. It would really depend on weather or not you could get qualified on a mortgage. $20,000 is a great start, but it would not make the difference in being able to qualify due to your credit situation.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!
Have a great day

Brittany Leighton
... more
0 votes 24 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 23, 2013
If it is non assumable, that is called a wrap around, yes you may.

You need a lender who knows what they are doing.

I can help you with that.

Rich Littlefield
NMLS 287206 ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 19, 2011
Ron Thomas answered:
Hi Buy,

There are two "Contracts" here; the Contract between you and the Seller, and the Contract within the Escrow:

What I want to address is the Escrow; The Title Company will not do ANYTHING unilaterally; meaning they will not cancel the Escrow based on the Seller's request, you have to agree. They will keep the Escrow open if you do not say so.
So, if the Seller tries to sell the house to someone else, there will be an Open Escrow pending.

In the other extreme; the Title Company will bill you for your expenses. They will bill the Seller for theirs.

Befriend the Officer at the Title Company and ask them to call you if something happens. (do not try to give them a gift or anything; not kosher!)

Good luck and may God bless
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Search Advice