Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

92407 : Real Estate Advice

  • All28
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying21
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 25
Mon Jun 19, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
A powder room is the same as a guest bathroom. A bathroom for guests so they don't have to use the master bathroom or the bathrooms upstairs.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 14, 2017
Nitajanew answered:
How to find out if a property is in probate
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 2, 2017
Staceylee55sss answered:
How does the rent to own home program work in calif, ie credit score time allowance down payment,ect.
1 vote 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 9, 2016
Jammie.tam answered:
Helpful comments . Coincidentally if people have been needing a NY App for Preliminary Letters Testamentary , my wife filled out and esigned a blank document here ""
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 9, 2014
Walter 'Skip' Kersten answered:
Have your agent to check with the Title company. The Title officer should be able to tell you if the family can sell the property.
Good luck,
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon May 19, 2014
RonS answered:
Of course they can, provided the authorized representative of the estate allows it and, If there is a loan on the property, the lender can (and will) foreclose if payments are not current. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Trulia Customer Service answered:
Hi Ruth,

Kristan from Trulia's Customer Service here. The property at 143 N K St Needles, CA 92363 is not an active listing, it is a Public Record which is stated directly above the Estimate.

If you have additional questions, please contact us at or call Customer Service at 1-888-466-3501.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jun 12, 2013
Lisa Bolanos JD answered:
Just curious as to what happened. Generally, in CA since it is a community property state, the surviving spouse receives 1/3 of the estate if there are children. The children split the remaining 1/3....that is if there is not a will. CA has a new way of taking title that is my personal property with right of survivorship. It is very similar to joint tenancy with right of survivorship. These Re just my personal thoughts and preferences. Everyone should have a will. It makes things much easier. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 12, 2013
Lisa Bolanos JD answered:
Contact an attorney immediately. I can't understand how an estate of any kind could just be left in limbo by family members. Someone had to know and be making the payment. You will most likely need a probate attorney. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jun 12, 2013
Lisa Bolanos JD answered:
You should contact an attorney. Interesting question especially if there is any kind of an estate. It is usually required to go into probate within five years. I don't know why any one would wait that long. You can look online for the rules of succession if the will is void or there was not one made. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue May 7, 2013
I have to wonder if the stress of the whole thing caused the seller to pass before their time. You may need permission from the probate court to proceed. If the seller has already signed and notarized the deed then they may be able to go ahead and close it. Without that you will need permission from the probate court. You may need it with that signed. Really you have to do what the lawyers say on this. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue May 7, 2013
The properties need to be in good condition. Also if there are association fees the approval price is less. So stay away from fixers. i would also point out that you should be checking the FHA repo list. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue May 7, 2013
Well I am wondering are you the buyer? It sounds like you are using
FHA financing and therefore if there is an existing FHA appraisal you need to go by that. Good luck getting the appraiser to admit that he was wrong if that is the case. So I may be mistaken about what you are saying, but that FHA appraisal will apply for 6 months. Here is the thing, if your credit is decent you can get a conforming mortgage that most likely will do every thing the FHA financing will do for you, assuming your credit it good. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue May 7, 2013
Actually, Wells Fargo is the "conduit" for more than half the loans in California. That means that if they turn you down you need to be sure that the next lender is not using Wells as a conduit.
I may be able to do the loan for you. Let me know if you would like me to try.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 5, 2012
Ruth and Perry Mistry answered:
Hello Coco

Very common in Calif. to have multiplt appraisals and if there are multiple lenders in a rising
market with low inventory, then 4-5 months out, the 2nd lender and first lender do ask
for new appraisals.

We loose 2-3 transactions a year in silicon valley on short sales that take time, and values rise.

Sure, our buyer says s/he cant afford it and walks away.
Bank forecloses and ohhh lallalla !!

Best regards
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 21, 2012
Margie Casey answered:
Dear Home Buyer,

Other than MLS, you can also search for homes sold before March 31, 2009 on the county property tax appraiser's website. These are the same records the Board will be using for comparison. Type in the Google search bar your 'county name' and 'property tax appraiser'. When you find the website, look for the online search tool. Most county property tax appraiser's websites allow you to search by neighborhood name and a specific time period.

Good Luck!
Margie Casey

p.s. If this answer helps you, a 'thumbs up' is appreciated.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 20, 2012
Jamie Hennessey answered:
I agree with Elise Temp below on all points. It is best for you to contact an attorney and also find out if that tenant in common that passed had a Will or not. That may also make a difference in the big picture. Make sure you find out that information prior to consulting with the attorney so that you have all your information and present it to that attorney when you see him/her.

Jamie Hennessey
Re/Max Champions
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 3, 2011
Sean Seckar answered:
Unfortunately, if there was nothing in the purchase contract and no written agreement between you and the seller, it would be a he said/she said situation. You can bring it to the attention of the seller and maybe they will hold up their end of the verbal agreement and compensate you in some manner but chances are you should count it as an unfortunate lesson learned.

Best of luck to you and enjoy your new home.
... more
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 2, 2011
Jane Grant answered:
There are a few that will say, "Seller Will Carry", especially if the seller of a standard sale that has been trying to sell the property for a long time.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice