Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

92284 : Real Estate Advice

  • All24
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 17
Sat Jan 7, 2017
Sheryl Arndt answered:
Hello kurtab, I am not to familiar with the boards but can furnish you daily updates to fit your search criteria...

If you figure out what cities/zip codes you are considering, minimum number of bedrooms and the maximum payment/price you are looking to achieve any agent can email listings to fit your search criteria. Your email address is needed to set you up for the automatic daily updates.

The purchase in 92284 zip code start from 63k for 3bd 2ba single family home.

You will need to be pre-approved to be able to meet an agent to view and submit offers on homes of your choice. You will need to gather one month paystubs, two month bank statements, last two year tax returns including 1040s, 1099s, W2s and all schedules and copies of your drivers license or ID and social security cards for each applicant.

Your qualifications will be determined by your credit profile, debt to income ratios, fico scores, loan program and how much you want to invest into the down payment and closing costs. Your fico scores can be raised within 3-4 days in most cases to qualify for programs, rates and terms as necessary.

You could consider a down payment assistance program such as CalHFA or Sapphire Grant which can cover your down payment and closing costs. You may close with minimal out of pocket expenses. You may consider the CalHFA from a minimum 640 fico score and the Sapphire Grant from a minimum 620 fico score.

You may qualify FHA from fico scores between 500-579 with 10% down or minimum 580 fico score may qualify FHA 3.5% down up to 417k. You may consider 3% down conventional from a minimum 620 fico score or even 5% down conventional with NO Mortgage insurance (Lender paid MI) up to 417k.

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran & VA/CalVet Loan Specialist
REO & Short Sale Specialist
Credit Repair At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
24+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Aug 2, 2016
dbrock0007 answered:
Tue Aug 2, 2016
dbrock0007 asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 28, 2016
Janice answered:
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 15, 2016
Neil Roxas answered:

We’re excited you’re using Trulia for your home search process. We are a real estate search engine so we don't represent the homes found on our site. Please follow these steps to begin your home search:

1. Click the "Rent' tab at the top of our homepage.
2. Enter your desired city and state in the search bar and hit Enter.
3. Click 'Max Price' to select what your highest price would be to pay for a home. Click 'Min Price' to set the lowest price you would pay.
4. Click 'More Filters'.
5. Select your preferred property type, square footage, etc.
6. Click the red 'Apply' button.

This will begin to pull up listings that are more tailored to what you are looking for.

If you are interested in a listing, click on the "Contact the agent" button to get in touch with a real estate professional in your area. You can also take advantage of our vast network of agents here:

We hope your experience with Trulia is memorable and thank you for using Trulia for all your real estate needs.

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 28, 2016
Maryraeboet answered:
As far as I can tell by the looks of it there isn't one. at least not someone actually managing it. its a dump
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed May 4, 2016
Rich Reed answered:
Arizona is a non-reciprocal state. You'll need an AZ license.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 10, 2016
Richard Littlefield answered:
Call me and I will fill it out for you over the phone, it really is much quicker. I can also help you find the best mortgage and get you approved.

Rich Littlefield 714-968-2500

NMLS License number 287206
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Nov 17, 2015
Arpad Racz answered:
Thank you for the additional information.

All the best,

0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 29, 2014
The common fees that the buyer (Veteran) does not have to pay are the following:

Attorney Fee, (For anything besides title work), Escrow Fee/Settlement Fee/Closing Fee, Closing Protection Letter (CPL), (The CPL fee is often included in the escrow fee but sometimes charged separately. It is a letter that makes the title company responsible if escrow does not appropriate loan proceeds correctly, Document Preparation Fee (Fee charged by escrow for preparing final loan documents), Underwriting Fee/Processing Fee (Fees charged by the lender for processing and underwriting the loan), Lock-in Fees (Fees charged by the lender to lock the interest rate),
Courier Fee/Postage Fees, Notary Fees, Application Fee,Tax Service Fee, and Mortgage Broker Fee.

The buyer is responsible for the following:

1% origination, third party fees i.e. appraisal, credit report, title report, recording fee, pest inspection, and a flood cert.

it important to note that buyer can get up to 4% seller assist that can go towards the above fees.

The buyer does have to pay for their own prepaids which are taxes and insurance, which are paid in advance at closing to pay for the escrow account.

Let's discuss your VA loan scenario in more detail. Contact me at 800 315 8803. My name is Bart and I am a proud vet that has been offering VA loans since 1987. I am happy to answer your mortgage questions, 7 days a week and review your loan scenario. Until then, I look forward to hearing from you.

Bart Gabe - Lending Nationwide Since 1987

800 315 8803 - 7 days a week
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 27, 2014
Jim Paulson answered:
Here is a link to the VA website to get the answers direct from them.

Some of the costs are negotiable.

I have structured many offers for Veterans in which I have had the seller pay "all" the buyer's closing costs. In one case, I was even able to have the seller pay off some debts on behalf of the veteran due to a favorable sales price and appraisal!

Best of luck and thanks for your service!

PS. If you need help finding a local Realtor that is familiar with VA loans, let me know.

... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Nov 7, 2013
Angelica Torres answered: is a government assistance program for unemployed homeowners. They are giving (I heard) up to 12 months of mortgage payments to homeowners.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun May 19, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
For a personalized answer visit with any licensed loan officer. If you are on limited income, consider the economic factors of your lifestyle that would impact on your individual comfort level of affordability. A mortgage outside your budgetary constraints can dramatically alter your overall living conditions. ... more
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 20, 2012
Gayle Bartlett answered:
FHA will allow you to buy 2 years out of a Foreclosure or Bankruptcy, so you may want to check for a Deed in Lieu... I can't imagine it would be any longer. That is 3.5% down and you need a credit score of 620 or better.

Rural Development loan only requires that you can pay for your home, and your credit is OK. If your credit score is 640 or higher they actually don't look into your credit report... sounds great right... there is a catch... this loan has income restrictions... you can not make more than a certain amount (different for each area) and you will need to go to a local Rural Development office for the loan. They are backlogged right now and take a little longer, but if you qualify it is well worth the rate. They can adjust the interest rate to help you buy more of a home, and there is ZERO percent down... this loan also has NO mortgage insurance... there is however a 1.75 % MIP.... which can be mortgaged in.

You also have to be looking in a RURAL area... I am not sure as to your area

If for you make more than the office allows, you can get this loan through a bank (I like National City Mortgage)... 2 years out of Bankruptcy, so I would check a Deed in Lieu.... you are allowed to make a bit more money to qualify.

A link to search is -- you can find out your area's income limits as well as locations that qualify for the program.

Regular mortgages through fanny mae and freddie mac are 3 years out of foreclosure or bankruptcy... so once again assuming 3 years out of deed in lieu...

The best thing to do is pay down debt and get your credit score up... even if you have to pay someone to help you.

We have been seeing a lot of foreclosures and bankruptcy in the area and as of I now this is the best that I have found. I will be reading what everyone else has to say to see if I am missing something...

Good Luck!

I know the Rural Development Loan is a bit tricky... but play with that link. If you have an area where it covers around you it is a great loan to get back into home ownership.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 21, 2011
Mildred Valentin answered:
Great Answer, Blaise.


Mildred Valentin
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 9, 2009
Don Tepper answered:
Check with a lawyer. I'm not a lawyer, so this isn't legal advice. Further, while I'm currently involved in a mobile home transaction, that's not my real area of expertise. And finally, regulations vary by state.

In Virginia (where I am), a mobile home is title like a car, through the department of motor vehicles. When one buys a mobile or manufactured home, you receive a title, just like a car title. If you pay it in full, you simply take the old title down to the DMV and receive a clean one in your name. Otherwise, you receive a new one, with the person or company financing it showing as the lienholder.

So, yes, you should have received title when you purchased. And if a property (or any item) is in probate, then it can't be disposed of until the estate is settled. (Again, I'm not a lawyer; you need to check with a lawyer.)

It's possible the daughter acted in good faith and plans to give you title when the estate is probated...if, in fact, the mobile home is tied up in probate. Still, you need to act on this--sooner rather than later.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice