Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

92234 : Real Estate Advice

  • All46
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying31
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 35
Fri Jul 28, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Value prices for homes listed on Zillow, Trulia and other websites is strictly based on public information provided by the county. It does NOT include condition of the home, any upgrades / renovations or lack of, neighborhood and school information, style of home, layout, etc.

Estimates are based on previous sold prices, property taxes paid, lot size, square footage, number of bedrooms, bathrooms, age of home and whether the home is a single family or multi family.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jul 12, 2017
Rolandgroff answered:
I am 55 looking to buy a tailor house in a 55 and over park my girlfriend is 51 can she live with me there
0 votes 27 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 8, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Did you discuss your situation with the HOA? You need to get their approval to allow your daughter to live with you. It seems one of your neighbors complained to the HOA.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue May 30, 2017
Hello Nicholas, yes you could but you may want to check with the HOA's CC&R's, rules and guidelines for yourself. Is he intending on buying it all by himself or are you two contributing your incomes as well? Does your dad have down payment and closing costs or does he need down payment and closing costs assistance programs?

He or all of you will need to be pre-approved to be able to meet an agent to view and submit offers on any homes of your choice. How much are you paying in rent now and what is the maximum payment you are looking to achieve? How many bedrooms, baths, condo, townhome or single family residence? Are you only considering 92234 zip code of Cathedral City?

If you figure out what cities/zip codes you are considering, minimum number of bedrooms and the maximum payment/price you are looking to achieve any agent can email listings to fit your search criteria. Your email address is needed to set you up for the automatic daily updates.

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran and VA/CalVet Loan Specialist
Credit Repair Advice At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
24+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Apr 27, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Sheryl did not answer your question regarding marrying somebody to qualify. The issue is yes you can marry somebody under 55 BUT will your new spouse ALLOW you to use their income to qualify you for a loan? Another issue is their credit. In order to qualify for a loan, lenders will use BOTH of your incomes AND BOTH of your credit scores. You cannot choose 1 person's income and choose the other person's credit score. It doesn't work this way.

If you cannot buy this mobile home, no big deal. Your life will move forward and you will have opportunities later on hopefully.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 23, 2017
Rich Reed answered:
Hi, Rick. Agents typically work for a broker and your purchase agreement, and other agreements, are actually with the broker not the agent. When you are represented by an agent/broker a legal "Agency" is created. Some possible reasons to seek termination of Agency could be due to the broker's/agent's professional abilities or conduct. Examples could include misrepresentations or failure to disclose, lack of knowledge with an area or type of property, being non-responsive to the client by failing to be timely or return calls, disclosures of conflicts of interest, self-dealing or negotiating skills. Before you hire a new agent, you should be certain that any Agency you have with your old broker is properly terminated and you should advise your new agent of the previous purchase agreement.
Talk with your agent and your broker.
I am a real estate broker qualified to advise you on California real estate matters, not the law. If you desire legal advice, consult with an attorney.
Best of luck to you!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 7, 2017
Steve.maillet answered:
If Im100% disabled through the military can I live in a 55 plus community before I'm 55?
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 28, 2016
Walter 'Skip' Kersten answered:
Hi Nicole,
It will be important to know if you and your MIL are on title or just yourself. In addition, if it is both of you, how is title held (i.e. joint tenants, community property). Title maybe able to help you understand your options. If not, you may need to hire an attorney. Sorry about your MIL.
Best of luck,
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 8, 2016
Toby2175 asked:
Considering the high and shoulder seasons and the events occurring in the area, am I underestimating using 50%? Banks use the 70% figure but I think that is probably high for PS. This…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon May 2, 2016
Paul Barrows answered:
If you're looking for a beautiful luxury home in LaQuinta please go to our website at 77270 Loma Vista. Great luxury then feel free to give me a call at 949-290-5757 and I'm Paul Barrows and I work for Keller Williams Realty ... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Wed May 20, 2015
Bri_jms answered:
Don't know about Yucca Valley, but from my looking in Desert Hot Springs, I found most properties do not have any rights to have a well on your property, Very very few do, and its usually the spa resorts and a few Homes on Monterey
Don't know about the water cost, but I think with the currant situation with water in this state, everyones rates are going to skyrocket
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Mar 3, 2015
John K. Miller answered:
Indio is a good area for rental properties and investments. You can either rent it out on an annual basis or there is also a good seasonal market for rentals.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 3, 2015
John K. Miller answered:
In California I sell in a 55 and over community and when on person passes away the other party that is under 55 years of age is allowed to stay. I would check your local restrictions as they may vary. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 3, 2015
John K. Miller answered:
Just one person needs to be 55 years of age to live in a 55 and over community. The partner or spouse can be under 55 years of age.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Feb 3, 2015
Jackson Willis answered:
You should talk to somebody that specializes in these things. An accountant, an insurance agent, and people in similar jobs to those would be the best people to talk to. Without the help you get from those people though, it will be difficult to figure out anything like this. Good luck with all of this. I know that it can be tough not knowing this information.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice