Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 92119 : Real Estate Advice

  • All15
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 5
Sun Nov 11, 2012
Chis Loo answered:
Thanks John.
They are getting a 1.5% origination, but giving ~ 4% lenders credit. A bit more aggressive than your comment...are FHA deals really that attractive to producers now a days?

I tend to be overly loyal, but in business...
If an lenders / brokers would be interested in viewing my gfe/fee worksheet or would like the opportunity to beat the offer, send me a PM, or post your info.


btw - I am already in contract - have a no presure, 90 timeline (unique situation). Will probably close much sooner but could wait if it made a difference.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 17, 2012
Janet McCarthy answered:
My research shows that this house had a trustee sale on 1/19/2012. It was last sold in 2005.
This may be a bank owned property and being prepared to go on the market.
I will do some more research.
Great views
Janet McCarthy
Connect Realty
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 28, 2009
AJ Anchondo answered:
That would only work if the non-spouse joint owner also had thier individual VA qualification benefits.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Nov 24, 2008
Stephanie Davis answered:

In my market we have "active contingent" or "AC" and then we have "pending" or "P." They mean two different things... the first one has contingencies that need to be met before closing; the second does not. If these same terms for status are used in your market and the listing agent is using "pending" correctly, chances are good the house is going to close. It is certainly worth a call to the listing agent to see if all contingencies for the transaction have been met. If they have you need to move on to another house.

I had a listing this spring that was AC for 45 days while the buyer's lender kept leading us all on that they were going to be able to make the loan. I had the buyer go to other lenders and couldn't get approved, so I knew it was a long shot to continue hanging on the line for this bank (broker actually) to come through. We were at our wits end when an agent called and said she had been watching the property. I asked her to PLEASE write a backup offer. She did, we negotiated, and accepted it. The extension on the closing date for the first buyer came and went a few days later, and we closed with the second buyer 20-some days after that.

So it happens. I'd make the call.

Stephanie Davis
Carolina One Real Estate
Serving Charleston, SC and surrounding areas
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 16, 2008
Neil Fjellestad answered:
Yes. Here's a way to check for yourself. Go to and check market prices over the last 5 years in the San Carlos zipcode 92119. We have years of experience in this submarket. Maybe our website can help as well. We are one of San Diego's most experienced property management companies. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice