Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Financing in 92040 : Real Estate Advice

  • All16
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying8
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 1
Thu Mar 20, 2008
Kari Shea answered:
Hi Ann,

I know money is tight for you right now, howver, it i worth consulting a Real Estate attorney to discuss your options. Given none of us are a lender or an attorney, our Real Estate expertise could create liability for you as the seller. Your situation is called a short sale, where you owe more than the current market of your home. You can sell in this instance if your lender agrees to do so. The very first disclosure necessary from any Real Estate agent for a short sale states that you have been advised to seek legal and financial councel.

Many lenders are also doing what is called a short refi. This is where the lender agrees to lower your loan amount and renegotiate your terms. The purpse for the lender is to avoid a short sale or forecosure.

Know your options before you take action.

We hope this helps,

Mark & Kari
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Search Advice