Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Financing in 91911 : Real Estate Advice

  • All44
  • Local Info10
  • Home Buying14
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 5
Sat Dec 31, 2016
Mike Lewis answered:
Shellie, The best way to get your home's value is to have a local agent help you. There are many computerized home value estimators but the most accurate way to get a proper value on your property is from a local real estate agent. An agent will look at homes that have recently sold, currently in escrow and what is available on the market for sale. The agent will look at properties similar to yours in close proximity to do a CMA Comparative Market Analysis.
The agent will need to see your property to look at condition, upgrades, yard, landscaping etc... to place the proper value on your home. It also matters who you hire to sell your home. Establishing value is one thing - getting top-dollar takes an agent that knows how to market your property to get it in front of as many potential buyers as possible. That's where hiring a real professional is important.
I would love to give you a free home analysis of your property. If you would like that then please contact me at 619-981-3918 or visit my website at
Mike Lewis - The Lewis Team at Keller Williams
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 2, 2013
Robert Chomentowski answered:
Unless you are VA eligible you will have to wait 3 years after the deed to the foreclosed property transferred out of your name to be able to get a home loan. After a three year wait you can get a FHA loan and after seven year wait conventional. Below is a blog post I wrote about this topic.
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 1, 2012
Cautious Homebuyer - not all lenders will include both of your debts, if you read what I wrote below, conforming/conventional loan programs only are concerned with the borrowing spouse, not the non-borrowing spouse.

Shane Milne | Lending in all 50 states | NMLS #81195
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 23, 2012
Maria Esparza answered:
These are the Neighborhood Stabilization programs. Your Realtor must be certified to participate in this program. For years, I volunteered as a Realtor for the Homebuyer Classes for SDHC, and now my office is certified for the recent new program. Like all programs, you must qualify first. Google the website. neighborhood stabilization program... Info will come up.
Contact me for further assistance.
Maria Esparza
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 23, 2012
Maria Esparza answered:
Hi Jose,
I specialize in the Chula Vista Area. I work for a great company, and can help you with your Real Estate needs. Please call me, I will give you the number for a great Mortgage Broker who can help you to qualify either now or get you ready for the near future by working with your credit.
Thank You
Maria Esparza
Coldwell Banker West
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice