Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 91384 : Real Estate Advice

  • All15
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 2
Fri Sep 28, 2012
Sara Mehrpouyan answered:
Hi Packard

You may want to consult with an attorney for legal advice. However, California is a one-action state. Generally speaking, it means that if they pursue a foreclosure via trustee sale, only one form of action for recovery of the debt. I suggest that you look into a short sale if you are worried about that, because we have SB458 in California. If lender accepts a short sale (1st, 2nd loans too), they cannot pursue borrower for any deficiency. Feel free to contact me any time if you're interested. Thanks.

Sara Mehrpouyan CDPE
Specializing in Short Sale & Foreclosure
Rodeo Realty
Direct: 818-903-2040
Dre License #01712757
... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 7, 2012
Cyndi Lesinski answered:
I am currently working on obtaining a short sale approval for a client with a 1st and 2nd. Now that the 2nd is over 6 months past due, they are planning on charging it off or selling the loan. This will create a bump in the approval process. We will then start new negotiations with the company that now owns the loan. They gave the seller the option to make a payment to postpone this action. However, the seller doesn't have the cash to do so. Your Realtor will work with the negotiators and coordinate this for you. I am actually in contact with 3 different departments while addressing this situation. I know the post was in February and I am curious what the new status is? ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice