Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

91350 : Real Estate Advice

  • All14
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 10
Fri Sep 23, 2016
ellesantoyo answered:
Hi, I know it was a long time ago that you posted this, but do you still have the room for rent?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Feb 25, 2016
Kashif.nqv answered:
Mon Sep 28, 2015
Susan asked:
Thu Sep 17, 2015
Leenegri asked:
I am in the process of buying a condo with a section 8 tenant that has been there 8 years.
Can anyone help me or share with me what the process is to have the vouchers come to me (the new…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun May 25, 2014
Cyndi Lesinski answered:
There are some great homes that have the Mello Roos Tax including the Echo Pointe at Plum Canyon. I have a client that purchased in that location just a year ago. It sounds as if you have already visited the community and are exploring a purchase there. If so, I would recommend that you talk to their preferred lender who can breakdown the tax basis for you. This way you will have accurate information as it is today for the builder with the sq ftg of the home you are looking at purchasing.

On a side note:
We helped our client compare the purchase of the new home with the mello-roos against an equal valued home.

Home + MRoos + HOA + Tax = What Price
Home + HOA + Tax = What Price.
Then we raised the price of the non-mello roos home to the price of the home with Mello Roos to determine what the best option was for our client.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 5, 2012
Jerod Mayer answered:
I should have mentioned that depending on how many lien holders there are involved in the transaction could influence this decision to foreclose. If there were 2 or 3 lenders which lender stated they were participting? There are many dynamics to this question, and being that I don't know the whole scenario/story it's hard to say what the cause was. At any rate, the simple answer is "Yes" a bank can foreclose during short sale. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 9, 2011
I would physically visit the schools in both areas. Look at homes in both areas to make sure the home size fits your needs with your budget. Speak with neighbors in each community to get feedback. Study the crime statics in each area. I personnally like Saugus over Simi Valley. To me, Simi Valley is very congested whereas Saugus has plenty of room for growth and development. A huge development is in the works to develop the area west of Magic Mountain. I think it speaks volumns when developers and the city want to pour money into their community during these economical times.

I've lived in the Santa Clarita Valley for eight years now and absolutely love it!

Good Luck! If I can be of further assistance, call me at (661) 255-3335.

Cheryl Garner, Mortgage Expert
Fairview Mortgage Capital, Inc.
CA DRE-01262285 NMLS-295929
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 9, 2009
Melissa Zavala answered:
There are actually a lot of folks just like you writing about the exact same thing here on Trulia! Unfortunately, a short sale is completely dependent upon the seller agreeing to the terms and conditions of the bank approval letter. So, at any time before close of escrow, it is possible for the seller to legally back out of the deal.

I know that is not what you want to hear. While it may not make sense for a specific borrower to attempt a loan modification, many folks who are facing hard times hold out hope for things that may or may not occur (and may or may not be in their best interest). I know it is hard to hear, but you may want to begin looking at other properties!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 2, 2009
Tisza Major-Posner answered:

I am sorry to hear about your loss. To address your question, I would advise you to speak with an attorney who specializes in Probate. The situation you are speaking of is called "Dying Intestate" which means they died without a will, and the law has some very specific rules regarding how the assets (homes, cars, money, etc.) owned by someone who dies without leaving a will are to be divided amongst their family members.

Contact the lawyer as soon as you can because it will take some time to get these things sorted out and the County has a process headed by a person called a Public Administrator whose job it is to protect the assets for the lawful heirs (siblings, children, grandchildren, etc.) or, if the person had no family, the State.

If you need any further information, assistance or have any other questions, Please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be happy to help you to the best of my ability.

Take care and have a wonderful day!

Tisza Major-Posner, Realtor, IVPG Realty (909) 837-8922 or (213) 392-4084
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice