Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

91344 : Real Estate Advice

  • All21
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 15
Tue Nov 1, 2016
Rickabraham33 asked:
I placed this property for rent thru zillow but no pictures came thru. How can I add pictures?
Thank you.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 30, 2016
Rostamjamshidi asked:
Mon Jul 27, 2015
Sam Andress answered:
Hi Seller,
The value an agent brings to you is putting your property in the best possible light to get the highest price, while allowing you to plan your move and not worry about all the details of showing your property to as man prospective buyers in your market.

Sometimes agents even have buyer(s) ready for a property such as yours. Overall it is advisable to consult with a few agents in your area and to get a comparative market analysis from them on what they think your listing price should be.

All the best to you! If you've already sold your home, congrats! If you are looking to put in on the market and list it, I would be happy to share with you the service I can offer you in getting it sold.
305 Pasadena Avenue
South Pasadena, CA 91030
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 16, 2015
Rick & Ellen Griffith answered:
Hello Minda,
My wife and I are Realtors here in the San Fernando Valley with a special passion for Granada Hills. We have lived in Granada Hills for quite a few years now and have grown very attached to the community here. We have first hand knowledge of concerns like yours and would be happy to share our insight with you. Please let us know if you are still in the market to purchase in Granada Hills and we will make it happen.
Have a great day,

Rick Griffith
Keller Williams Realty
4061 Laurel Canyon Blvd.
Studio City, CA 91604
818-398-3246 Cell
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 15, 2014
Jim Olive answered: can keep trying, but it doesn't sound like that's getting you anywhere. Perhaps you should suggest to your landlord that you are going to hire an exterminator and subtract the cost from your next rent. Give him/her a chance to respond before you actually do it, or you may end up on the hook for the cost. Best of luck... ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jul 25, 2014
Gary Keshishyan answered:
I have great resources...give me a call.

Gary Keshishyan
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 10, 2014
Ben Vorspan answered:
that's an interesting question... especially with the idea of co-claiming leads. It would be a nice perk for an office to pay for trulia leads and send them to agents, perhaps as an incentive to work harder. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 10, 2014
Ben Vorspan answered:
Is there any particular reason why you want to live in this exact neighborhood? If you heard it might be sketchy, why not look elsewhere?
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon May 13, 2013
Liliana Alfonso answered:
Hi Tito,
If you provide me with the address, I will be happy to look into it. One reason could be that the tenants won't move out until the 21st.
Best regards,

Liliana Alfonso
Rodeo Realty
12345 Ventura Blvd.
Studio City, CA 91604
818-414-0396 cell
818-761-7277 fax
DRE # 01759367
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Apr 27, 2011
Ravinder S Sood answered:
Lis Pendens puts a cloud on the title.Lis Pendens has to be removed in order for you to get a clean title.Title Co won't issue title insurance.Look for another property unless you want to wait till the Bank can resolve the issue of Lis Pendens.You need to consult a Real Estate Attorney.
Good Luck !
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 1, 2011
Bill Eckler answered:
Real estate commissions, commercial and otherwise are negotiable.
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 19, 2010

If you plan on a traditional loan with 20% down to avoid mortgage insurance, you would qualify for about a $2,400 PITI monthly payment.

Happy funding, Rudi
1 vote 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 23, 2010
Nelly Gonzalez answered:
Dear Jamonaso,
You have few options, if you want to keep your property do not give up, work something with the second lien holder they are open for negotiaton. The only thing is if you would like to reduce the principal you need to be on time on your payments for the last 12 months if not the only modification will be the interest reduction.
Right now is a lot of help for home owners that want to keep the properties, you can also call the HUD and they will help you at no charge. If after looking all the options you do not get the help you need please call me and we can meet and go over your case.
Thanks and have a nice day
Best Regards
... more
1 vote 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 6, 2009
Lanamee answered:
The Notice of Sale is a document similar to the Notice of Default, which tells the borrower that the lender is beginning foreclosure proceedings against him. In most states, there is a period of time between the NOD and the bank sale where the borrower is allowed to cure the default and bring the loan current. In California MANY years ago, it used to be 90 days. After that, the sale is scheduled and the borrower notified of the fact.
If you need more specific information -
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 28, 2009
Jim Summers answered:
I always believe that information is the key in real estate, nothing is wrong in finding out the truth about a property, especially if it is already public information. Any problem can be fixed and dealt with if the facts are out on the table. In addition, properties that are in order, well maintained and have permits should reasonably receive more value and those that are not, less. First, of course, talk to you neighbor if at all possible and try and resolve your concern amicably.

Since the Granada Hills motto is "The Valley's Most Neighborly Town", I would only even consider taking action if the suspected structure actually would cause a marked decline in your property values and/or diminishes your quality of life and privacy. It may well be a "Granny flat" (640 sf max living space without a kitchen) made legal a couple year's ago by SB 1818. Enough babble...

- better to go in person to see all they have on file (takes about an hour), you can also fax.

BUILDING ACTIVITY: - this is a great site to see recent building activity.... "The purpose of the Internet based Property Activity Report is to allow easy access and visual display of general information from the Los Angeles Department of Building and Safety (LADBS) Plan Check and Inspection System (PCIS) and the Code Enforcement Information System (CEIS)..."

ZONING: You better check this out ... (my new website, not very polished yet) as links to the current and proposed zoning changes for all of Granada Hills - they are being reviewed now. The L.A. Planning Department's head, Gail Goldberg, recently stated that the revision of the GH's Community Plan should be finish this year.

You might want to get preliminary advice from: (1) your Neighborhood Council if you live north of the 118 frwy, or if your home is south of the 118 - they are aware of the changes and knowlegable, (2) a local homeowner or resident's group in you area, (3) the L.A. City District 12 Council Office:, I would strongly suggest an attorney specializing in real estate and land use if you want to pursue only after fininding out the facts.

P.S. If you haven't gotten it by now, the History of Granada Hills picture book was published a couple years ago by Jim's a great read!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice