Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

91326 : Real Estate Advice

  • All22
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying10
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 19
Fri May 5, 2017
Sheryl Arndt answered:
Hello North Lincoln, that would depend on many variations but atleast what you pay out or more. Are you looking to remodel or minor repairs? You could utilize a streamline 203k loan program from 5k to 35k and close within 45-60 days to get the remodeling done.

If you want to do extensive repairs that require a permit you would have the 203k loan from 35k up to FHA loan limits. Are you fixing up your home for you or to sell? Are there any other repairs you want to do as you would need a minimum 5k of repairs to utilize the streamline 203k.

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran and VA/CalVet Loan Specialist
Credit Repair Advice At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
24+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Aug 18, 2016
Cheryll asked:
Going though divorce, husband still living in house, won't move until he gets money, either
from a new mortgage if I stay, or we sell now. Going into the fall wondering if we'll get
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 30, 2015
Laineema asked:
Check the LAUSD website. All houses east of Tampa, and north of Rinaldi, have Granada Hills High School as the assigned school. This error is very damaging for those individuals selling…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 24, 2015
ajaajanam55 asked:
Mon Feb 23, 2015
Todd Schneider answered:
This definitely sounds like you need some legal advise. I would contact your attorney with this question.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 7, 2015
Jacqui Rum answered:

I just represented a buyer in that same exact situation. VA loan, 0 down. I'd love to help if you still need someone.
Feel free to email me
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 26, 2014
Rudi Hofmann answered:
You do need to answer this question truthfully on your loan application. A good letter of explanation (LOE) should suffice. .... Happy funding, Rudi
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 14, 2013
Barry Shapiro answered:
The link below provides 75 or so purchase options specifically to Porter Ranch. You may be able to set up a lease-option purchase arrangement with a home that is otherwise currently overpriced and/or has a longer history of being listed for more than the typical days on market ratio. A dated/fixer or one in a not-so-great location may also provide a motivated seller... This also depend on factors such as your down payment, credit scores, employment history, etc. Let's get creative! ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 1, 2012
Carl Ben Witzig answered:
How did it go? More than 120 days since you posted your question.
The SS approval letter takes weeks, months after an offer is submitted and seller's agent pushes and pushes the lender to make a decision and, the closer to list price, the shorter the time to approval.
You may mean the owner's letter indicating the lender will entertain a short sale, based on a completed application and owner's hardship. All that lender scrutiny and investigation is not begun until a qualified offer is made. They would then order an appraisal to see how much they will loose, if any. You hope the agent knew what they were doing when they priced the house, close to its value so the lender will not delay an approval. Many offers are far below the value that the lender either does not respond or counters with a reasonable offer based on their appraisal. Tell us what happened.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 8, 2010
Dorene Slavitz answered:
Dear Mehran,
Actually, you can be near the airport without the plane noise as long as the planes are not traveling directly over your home. Playa Vista has little to no plane noise and is very near LAX while other areas such as Playa del Rey do have some plane noise. The airport has installed dual pane windows and other soundproofing to homes in the area so protect the home owners from excessive noise.
I advise you do spend time in the area you are considering (at least 4 hours) to see for yourself how the noise level is, before purchasing.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 20, 2010
Shel-lee Davis answered:

Steve gave you some good information. And, of course, you do need to check with your lender on exactly how they handle principal reductions.

On the other hand, if you are a numbers person and want to know the dollars and sense (I mean cents) about it, here is a quick recap. Based on an interest rate of 5%, if you make one extra payment per year, at the end of each 12 month period, you will pay off your 30 year mortgage at approximately year 25 and 4 months. You will save approximately $16,350 in interest on every $100,000 borrowed. So if you plan to stay in the house the rest of your life this makes sense. You have saved both time and money. Of course, the situation changes based on your plans. And, this analysis does not take into account any changes in your income tax liability. For a complete analysis the benefits of making extra principal payments, check with your tax and investment advisors. Good luck on your new home purchase and Dare to Dream.

Shel-lee Davis, QSC®
Certified Distressed Property Expert – CDPE®
Short Sale & Foreclosure Resource – SFR®
Certified HAFA Specialist – CHS®
Your Real Estate Consultant for Life
RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 12, 2010
Desari Jabbar answered:
I'm not sure if you can get a official GFE unless you have the sales price of the home. Why not stick with one lender, find a home, submit an offer. At that time, request the good faith estimate. If you're not satisfied with what they have to offer with closing costs, points, etc. Find a lender that offers you what you want.

Best of luck to you!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 12, 2010
Ruth and Perry Mistry answered:
Check my blog regarding Deficiency Judgements in California.

Talk to an accountant also besides many fine Realtors on this board who know short sales.

Thoroughly, otherwise a bankruptcy faces you, two to three years out.

Good luck.
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 27, 2010
Selling Buying Ryan answered:
The question is not how much is the property, but how much can you affort?
Have you been Pre-Qualified to a certain amount of financial commitment?

This is the first step I take with my new clients to be.
You have to be Pre-Qualified, before we can tour properties on this or actually in any Real Este Market.
You have to know where you stand, what you can afford, comfortibly and not have to slave yourself to make the payments.

Any more questions, I like to help you, go to my Web-Site:
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 27, 2010
Selling Buying Ryan answered:
Hi Frustrated, Home - Seller

What you can do is the following:

First send them cease and Desist, Validation, and Dispute as allowed by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act,
Has the HOA sent you to collections?
In your letter make the heading in BOLD Print so they can not miss it.
Send it certified mail, return receipt.

Cease and Desist means they can not call you, harass you for collection.
Dispute the fact that you owe the money, tell them that is has been paid.

Validation means they have to prove that you owe them the money they are talking about.

They have to prove within 30 day, that you owe them the money or they are in violation of the FDCPA and they can’t continue the collection process.

If they continue the collection process make sure to keep copies, you can know forward your letter to the BBB, your credit reporting agencies etc. If they send you to a collector you may be able to sue them for being in violation.

This is just basic information we make available and not legal advice.

Ryan Gussman , Realtor
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 15, 2009
Dereksimms answered:
A good agent is one that is responsive and hard working. Beside giving our clients daily reports of Northridge Listtings, we also have a powerful website that updates from MLS every 15 minutes. Check out our website and give us a call if you need an agent who can work hard for you. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 5, 2009
Paul Aragon answered:
There are many statements that can be made about this topic, Arty, but you need an answer. You asked a question and the answer is YES, YES, and YES. No amount of paperwork or insurance policies are going to keep golf balls off a property adjacent to a fairway. If you want to protect yourself further, you can put up a safety net, retrofit with plexi shields for the windows, and grow cypress trees in the direction of the tee box. I should know, I'm both a golfer and a Porter Ranch Real Estate Broker. If you need more information about Porter Ranch Country Club Homes, you can reach me at (818) 528-4410. Have a great 4th of July weekend. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 7, 2008
Deborah Madey answered:
The price may reflect the past due mortgage amount, or the total loan amount. When you find a listing on a foreclsoure site, it may not even be for sale. Many foreclosure sites collect public data about properties that are involved in a legal action. That's where they get the $$ figure.

Because a property is the subject of a legal action does not mean it is for sale. However, if a homeowner is challenged to make the payments, selling might be a solution and considered option.

If you approach the property owner, be aware that many are concurrently approaching...all offering their version of a solution for this property owner. An agent can approach the property owner on your behalf.

... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice