Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 91316 : Real Estate Advice

  • All27
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying12
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 4
Fri Oct 4, 2013
Catherine Binamo & Roger Jarnigan answered:
Your question was are there any properties in Foreclosure in ENCION available under $300k. The answer is no.
There is a home that is in need a lot of work and it is offered at $395k.

Are you open to other areas?
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 12, 2010
Hannah Fliegel answered:
Hi Katie,

The question leads me to believe that you are concerned about the credit consequences of defaulting on a mortgage. If this is your concern than this answer is for you.
If you send your lender(s) a Qualified Written Request prior to defaulting on your mortgage then the lender cannot report you late to the credit bureaus. This is in everyone loans docs but there is no money in it so no one seems to bother to share it with home owners. Respa Section 6. QWR.
In any case, you would send in a QWR to the lender and put them on notice and then if you choose to not pay your mortgage, your lender cannot report you late. If they do, it's a monetary fine that the lender has to pay to you. It's $1,000 every time that the lender reports you late. I've had clients with two mortgages and the lenders have reported them late 7 times. There are three credit bureaus. They actually got $21k for the wife and $21k for the husband! each as damages and the late payments had to be removed!

They went through a short sale back in late 2007 and are back into home ownership in a home with a payment they can afford. In any case, good luck!

Hannah Fliegel
The Credit Repair Expert
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 24, 2009
Sethp3 answered:
This is not only a free seminar but they are not selling course's, boot camps, instructional cd's or videos. Just great REO properties. They are also GIVING AWAY A FREE HOUSE to one of the people who attend this event. Go to for more information.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Mon May 11, 2009
blaison samuel answered:

dont take everything out from your savings!! You don't have to stop paying the mortgage in order to qualify for the modification, may be you are not talking to the right person. Try to contact someone in loss mitigation department of your lender to talk about modifcation or contact some loan modifcation company who doesnt charge upfront fees for modification.

But If the lender is not working with you on loan modification, then do short sale, at least you can avoid foreclosure and have some piece of mind. For short sale, contact a realtor who has experienced in closing some short sale.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice