Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

91105 : Real Estate Advice

  • All5
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 5
Mon Feb 9, 2015
UpNest Top Realtors answered:
Hi judysilv,

I won't oversaturate the answers and repeat what a lot of people have said. But just wanted to let you know about our service that we are confident could help you save money, which I'm sure is why you're interested in going FSBO.

We created UpNest ( so home sellers could work with high quality Realtors AND save money in the process. We have a number of high quality partner agents in Pasadena. Agents compete against each other to sell your home, so you get to compare and review their commission rates, services, and expertise.

View Pasadena agents:
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 7, 2015
Von Bonilla answered:
Hello Judy,

When you hire a real estate professional that sells homes in the San Gabriel Valley he/she will be able to list your home for sale on Trulia. If you have decided to list your home as a " for sale by owner", you will not be able to list your home on Trulia.

If you have any questions feel free to contact a local real estate professional.

... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 19, 2014
Von Bonilla answered:
Congratulations on your decision to sell your home. You will need to be represented by a licensed professional real estate agent to list your home on Trulia.

Much Success!
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 11, 2012
John Arendsen answered:
Junkpiler, construction loans are available providing you have a viable exit strategy i.e. take out loan. Are you planning to build the prefab yourself or are you going to hire a licensed contractor? There are several very good pre fab products on the market today. Lindal has been around for decades and delivers a very good produc\t.

That stated, it's only as good as the person/s putting it together. You may also want to consider a "Factory Built" (Manufactured (HUD) or Modular home depending on the location and the relative CC&Rs. In this situation you are purchasing a home that is completly built before it leaves the factory.

You can do just about anything you want to do with Factory Built Housing nowadays i.e. stucco ready, tile roof ready, curvalinear architectural detailing i.e. pop out & inset features, upgraded kitchens, bathrooms, floor, window, wall coverings, appliances, etc.

The turn around time is a lot faster and you have no excess or wasted materials and you don't have to worry about vandalism, theft or weather conditions. All in all it's a very practical and cost effective way to build a home today and many banks will offer conventional FHA, Fanny/Freddie.

I don't know where you are planning to build but most if not all Counties and Cities are FBH friendly. The most important aspect of the entire procedure be it "Factory Built" or "Prefab" is hiring an experienced, licensed, bonded and insured contractor. I definitely don't reccomend trying to take on a project like this as an owner/builder. You may find it very difficult to find construction or take out financing.

We are a family owned and operated Factory Built Housing Dealer & Developer, general and manufactured home contractor, real estate broker, architectural, engineering, landscaping and interior design company with over 100 years of combined experience.

We may not be in your geographical area as we work primarily in the Orange County, San Diego and Palm Springs/Palm Desert area. But we will be more than happy to coach you and direct you to a competent, experienced and properly licensed and insured MH Dealer and Contractor at no cost as long as it can be done online or by phone.

Please feel free to log onto any of our very user friendly websites or email me at or you can call me anytime on my cell at 760 815-6977.
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Apr 4, 2011
Diane Wheatley answered:
Dear Dean, You need an attorney. The attorney will need to file a lawsuit to substantiate the lis pendens action. I have excellent legal resources ideal for this type of work. Contact me for direct contact information. I'm happy to help.

Diane Wheatley, Broker
(909) 981-5400 Office
(909) 815-4499 Cell
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Search Advice