Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 90068 : Real Estate Advice

  • All36
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying11
  • Home Selling6
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 11
Wed Feb 11, 2015
John McQuilkin answered:
The benefit is possibly getting the home at a better price. Buying short sales come with risks so please be advised.
1 vote 14 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 11, 2015
John McQuilkin answered:
Earnest money deposit is typically 3%. Occasionally a seller will request an increased deposit.
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 11, 2015
John McQuilkin answered:
Yes Hollywood and Whitley Heights are conveniently located and the area surrounding has improved greatly.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 31, 2014
Randy Stoker answered:
The bank (lender) controls the short sale transaction whereby the seller has very little control over the decision making. All short sales are "As Is" so you must accept the house in it's existing condition with no exceptions. Your Realtor can help you determine the value of subject property when completely repaired and then subtract the cost of repairs; which is the value of the property in it's present As Is condition. Your offer should reflect the As Is condition. Sometimes a cover letter explaining the reason for a low offer can convince the lender to accept a low bid offer. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Thu May 22, 2014
inna ivchenko answered:
Dear Phillip,
What a purpose of your RE purchase? Investment or for yourself? If investment: What do you plan to do next with them: flip/rent out? What is the price range and ROI expectations? ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu May 22, 2014
inna ivchenko answered:
I tried to add my sold listings a few times, but failed as well( often even For Sale don't get here)
So I stopped trying.
Good luck. Let me know if you figure it out.

Kindest regards,
Inna I.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Nov 11, 2013
Mack MacReady answered:
Hi Nancy,
If you have not chosen an architect, I would interview at least 3 and get their ideas. They should be able to give you an idea of what approach they recommend and some budget pricing.
Good luck.
Mack MacReady
Keller Williams Realty
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 22, 2013
Rip answered:
When buying REO's for cash I've paid as little as $50 in closing costs, and as much as 0.5% of the purchase price ( $1500 on a 300K property). I'm guessing standard sales will be towards the latter amount.

These numbers do not include any property tax proration or insurance costs.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 8, 2011
Saurabh Sethi answered:
Hire an attoreny. It is relatively inexpensive compared to the loss you are incurring having no rent being paid (I am assuming they are not paying, but there are a lot of details that would help, and a lawyer will definately be useful).
Also, I am a member of the Beverly HIlls Bar, I could refer a great attorney if you like.

Good Luck,
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 7, 2011
Anika Berhang answered:
Hi Lola,

Every city is slightly different and has more or less stringent rules when it comes to Rent Control, Rent Stabilization.
If you in fact need to terminate someones tenancy in order to for example move in yourself there might be, depending on the tenant and length of tenancy relocation costs associated which can become expensive.
Just to give you an idea, check out the various links below, like i said already, you will have to do your due diligence on a case by case basis, depending on which city the property is located in.

Good luck, please feel free to email or call with any further questions!

Anika Berhang
The John Aaroe Group
14242 Ventura Blvd.
Sherman Oaks. CA. 91423
cell: 818.284.0434
fax: 818.783.7211
DRE# 01821300
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 23, 2008
Dorene Slavitz answered:
You need to speak with a broker who is in Commercial Real Estate and who works in Raw land on a regular basis. Prudential Commercial can assist you. A link to that is on my website below. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice