Congrats on completing your college education!!
Now that you are a young professional, buying a home of your own is a great idea.
Here are some things you need to do:
1. Get pre approved for a loan. The process will inform you how much money you qualify for.
You will know how much you need for a down payment, closing cost, and what your monthly mortgage payment will be.
2. Think about what type of home you want, area, size,,schools ect
3. Select for yourself a buyer's agent. One who will be willing to take the time needed to guide you in this very important process.
4. Make sure you are focused and engaged in the process. Ask plenty of questions of your agent and lender. Make sure you are clear on EVERYTHING!!!
* now, the areas you listed are on the high end. Prices are actually on the rise overall. Too bad you are not interested in Orange County, we have some great middle class areas that offer great quality of life, low crime, great schools and entertainment.
Best of Success to You!!!!!
Kawain Payne, Realtor