Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

90031 : Real Estate Advice

  • All17
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying7
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 16
Tue Aug 29, 2017
Joesmith7997 asked:
"rented.” I can't seem to find a way to do this on your website. Could you please take the listing down so I stop receiving calls and emails? Also, please put a damn phone number…
1 vote 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 6, 2017
Grape Prescion asked:
We spoke to a couple of renters and most(or all) of them were asking for the credit report for each occupant although we already informed them that only one will be responsible for rental.…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 24, 2017
Vicki asked:
just to let you know some else is posting this for rent at 650 a month. and only to move in for less than . 1.200
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 9, 2016
Angelica P answered:

The data you reported is coming from your county records, because of this I am unable to edit the information. This data is gathered by a third-party data collector and only updates on Trulia when discrepancies are identified at the next data collection cycle. Unfortunately, we are unable to expedite this process.

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Nov 24, 2015
Cindy Davis answered:
Unfortunately, these are all over this site, as well as many others. I definitely recommend finding a more reliable source for rentals. The Sunday newspaper is a better source because folks have to pay for it! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Dec 22, 2011
Sara Mehrpouyan answered:
That is the link for CalHFA short sale information. Feel free to contact me for assistance.

Sara Mehrpouyan CDPE
Specializing in Short Sale & Foreclosure
Direct: 818-903-2040
Rodeo Realty
Dre License #01712757
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat May 14, 2011
Lanie answered:
Sun Sep 19, 2010
Cristina Garcia answered:
Dear Teresa:)

I have listed two homes in 90031. Both have a view. The homes are on the Hill Tops. Both are currently being built.
Here are the addresses: 3314 Two Tree Ave. and 3326 Two Tree Ave. Los Angeles Ca. 90031. Oh and what a view. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 14, 2010
Ron Humes answered:
Hey Vanessa - If all Buyers were as straight forward as you and honest with the process, they would all be a lot better off. Instead many people read a couple of tutorials on the internet, watch HGTV and run off half cocked ready to get themeselves in a lot of trouble. I recognize that I can do a lot of things pretty well but I leave certain things to professionals to protect myself. In addition, you can get a Free Buyer Representative to take care of the details for you. Here is a general list:

1. Get Pre-qualified with a lender
2. Make sure you understand and have the necessary funds to complete the transaction
3. Find a Qualified, Full-Time, Buyer Agent / Rep in your Area
4. Give them your Needs & Wants in a property
5. Let them set you up on an Auto-Prospect Database Search to send you properties that meet that criteria
6. Select your best picks from your computer & print out
7. Drive by the best prospects to see if they pass the drive by test
8. Give your Agent a list of homes that you would like to preview
9. Preview homes with your Agent
10. Select your top choices
11. Have your Agent run a CMA / Market Analysis to help you determine a reasonable offer
12. Sign offer with your Agent
13. Once you have a contract, get your inspections scheduled
14. Let your Agent negotiate any needed repairs within the deadline
15. Work with Lender to process loan
16. Communicate with Agent for final Walk-Through & Closing

Last but not least - Let Agent handle details and Have Fun!
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 8, 2010
j answered:

It is always a good idea to be as cautious as possible. That being said, there is a good probability that once you accept another offer and it goes into escrow, it could again appraise for well below asking price. This is by no means an uncommon thing in today's market.

Mark DeWitt
Bank of America Home Loans
San Diego, Ca.
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 7, 2009
Mickey answered:
Single family property is exempt from the rent stabilization ordinance. If however, you are receiving rental income from the other buildings that are on the same lot as the single family property then you would have to register both units with the Los Angeles Housing Authority in order to continue collecting the rents from them. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Nov 11, 2008
The Hagley Group answered:
Lynn911: did you notice the previous answers?
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 22, 2008
Russ answered:
There are a lot of issues to deal with in the City of Angeles. The building department is highly organized, staffed with highly competent professionals. That said, a word to the wise. You will probably need to hire a professional crew to prepare a submittal for a normal home (I should know I an an engineer).

Ahaa! A prefab home supplier can actually cut through the massive ordeal with the city, making your life a GREAT deal easier, but is still confusing. The prefab supplier provide a set of plans for the prefab and also "siting" or generic installation drawings. You add a specific site plan with topo and other information and presto! you are ready to submit to the city. It is best to hire a person to prepare this site plan(about $6k), because the "city" is VERY particular on the content and format, and they will hand it back to you telling you it is wrong, but with NO info on what to do to fix it, (for liability reasons). Once permitted you will pay the siting person about $30k to place the prefab. My friend paid $60k for a large one.

So, find a lot, buy the smallest home you can get by in (it is a lot easier to "site") and get started. The deposit is put into escrow, and it is murder to get it back, since the supplier has to release it, and they WIL L NOT, so delay at least a couple of weeks while you find someone to do the site plan, and go over to the city to have them stand there and stare at you, intentionally not saying anything due to liability. They probably also require a soils report (abotu $4k from an engineer), but you can fight it and win in a year.

Beware banks do not loan on prefabs - it is a cash deal.
... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 18, 2007
Ron Deutsch answered:
What about forming a TIC with other like-minded individuals (possibly other UCLA students)? You could possibly buy a 4-plex, say, for 1.6M that is MUCH closer to campus,and for a small legal fee create a tenancy in common, such that you each own a fourth of the building, and each owner has exclusive usage rights to her unit. The resale would be great if it's in a good spot and you maintain the property well, because it will be cheaper than a condo for the new buyer, yet you'll have added equity by creating the new ownership structure.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 13, 2007
Charlotte Jensen answered:
If you are looking for a beautiful new development close to the beach, one of the best-kept local "secrets" happens to be Section 8 Housing at a develpment located near Jefferson & Lincoln (near Playa del Rey and Marina del Rey, with Culver City to the East). Its name is Play Vista Apartments -- located on Fountain Park Drive, Playa Vista, CA 90094 (I think there is also a website -- and there is a HUGE condo/home aspect to the complex, as well). Don't know what the wait list is now, but as I heard recently, it may not be long -- if at all! Good Luck! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice