Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 90017 : Real Estate Advice

  • All16
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 2
Tue Oct 12, 2010
Royal Real Estate Group answered:
Transferring title to property will not help. You need to consider all other options, sale, refinance with the help of a cosignor, or if you have regular income and you can make regular payment but cann't catch with entire defaulted amount, speak to an attorney, chapter 13 could be a good option for you. You can make payments with the help of your family members.

Transfer of the title to the property, will not stop the foreclosure, if you are trying to achieve that.

Lender has a security with respect to the payments. Best solution is to look for ways to catch up or resale to pay off the balance and save equity in the home or come up with a payment workout plan with lender.
Good luck.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 29, 2009
. answered:
Look, CA assembly has amended the code to 2923 through 2940. Sub dividion 2923.5 deals specifically with a lenders obligation ot work out a problem with the borrower. There is a 30 day requirement for lenders to conform to code. A debt validation notice is usually prescribed as a good faith gesture and that can preceed the 30 days required to meet the demands of 2923.5. Therefore 60 days is a realistic assumption. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice