Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

89109 : Real Estate Advice

  • All17
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying12
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 16
Tue Jul 12, 2016
Angelica P answered:

We’re excited you’re using Trulia for your home search process. We are a real estate search engine so we don't represent the homes found on our site. Please follow these steps to begin your home search:

1. Click the 'Rent' tab at the top of our homepage.
2. Enter your desired city and state in the search bar and hit Enter.
3. Click 'Max Price' to select what your highest price would be to pay for a home. Click 'Min Price' to set the lowest price you would pay.
4. Click 'More Filters'.
5. Select your preferred property type, square footage, etc.
6. Click the red 'Apply' button.

This will begin to pull up listings that are more tailored to what you are looking for.

If you are interested in a listing, click on the "Contact the agent" button to get in touch with a real estate professional in your area. You can also take advantage of our vast network of agents here:

We hope your experience with Trulia is memorable and thank you for using Trulia for all your real estate needs.

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jul 12, 2016
Erika Bentley answered:
Hi Tatiana,

If you feel that your agent has misrepresented herself/himself in any way, this qualifies as means to cancel.

Also, I know that every brokerage lists properties in different places. Here at Berkshire Hathaway we send properties out to over 1000 websites alone. We became an international company this year and therefore, all listing are seen worldwide. Hard to beat that coverage.)

Let me know if I can help in any way. Take a look at my website and feel free to contact me anytime.

... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 21, 2015
My NC Homes Team answered:
This is a public forum for other Realtors/Lenders to respond to, no one at Trulia ever reads these questions (hence all the SPAM) Here's the customer service number 800-381-8279
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Mar 25, 2014
steven khalilzadegan answered:
If you are looking for an investment that takes care of its self you may want to look into a Hotel Condo like Palms Place, MGM Signature, Trump or Vdara in City Center. When you purchase in these towers you can use them as much as you would like while you are in town and when your gone the hotel will rent it out for you and take care of it. You can find more information on High Rise Hotel Condos on my website below.

Hope this helps. :)
Steven Khalilzadegan
Savi Realty
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 19, 2014
Angela Brasser answered:
That depends. Keep in mind that the southern and western areas of your home can be the hottest, depending on your landscaping - trees in particular. If your living areas are in the north part of the home, you may be fine - though a little warm at bedtime. ;) ... more
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 11, 2014
Joseph Roraff answered:
Check out this video explaining FHA 203k loans...
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 29, 2013
Chris answered:
You should have at least 30 days I would think.....verbal leases mean something also and if you can show checks/receipts that you have been paying rent and utilities it should have a bearing on it. Consult with your free legal tenant advocacy in your area. I just say this question was from 2010....I hope things worked out ok! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 26, 2013
David Cooper answered:
Buyer in a short sale is really at the mercy of the bank. What proof, in writing, that BofA harmed you. Did you lose money

David Cooper
Investing in Las Vegas since 1994
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 8, 2013
David Cooper answered:
The Wall Street Equity Firms have invested 5 Billion Dollars in Single Family Homes for Rentals. They have done all the research.

David Cooper invested in Las Vegas since 1994 ... more
0 votes 20 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 19, 2012
Irina Karan answered:
Best to read your contract and all addenda - especially the one from the lender.
The reason the agent is asking for it could be spelled out there.
In addition to the contract, ask your agent why the inspection report is required by her.
It could be their office policy or a state law.
If a state law, your contract should reflect it though.

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 25, 2012
Tamra Trainer answered:
There is Sky, Allure, Turnberry Towers (Highrises) or Mid-rises like Soho Lofts, Newport Lofts, The Ogden and then you have South Strip like Loft 5 which a lot of people seem to like for the low prices they offer and great amenities. Contact me for more info Tamra Trainer (702) 858-1777 ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 28, 2011
Bill Eckler answered:
One bedroom units are an indicator of part time residency...when the market went south, many of these owners found it easier to walk away from thes properties than one that was their principle residence. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 14, 2010
Renee Burrows answered:
Nevada has new and better laws to protect renters. It depends on who picks up your home at the sale and if you have a valid arm's length market value lease or not. Talk to an attorney like others have mentioned! ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 14, 2010
Ed Demarco answered:
Your furniture is your belongings and No the onwer does not have the right to it. Owner has to place it in a storage if left behind (for a specified period allowed by law) but you will have to pay the damages to get it back. Also you have to have proof of what was left behind. Can not take any thing that is attached to the property nor anything that was there when you moved in.Hope that this helps.
Principle Realty Advisors
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 2, 2009
Andrew Jones answered:
Hello Mary,

I recenty wrote a blog called ‘Old’ Las Vegas: The Only Homes Actually on the World Famous Strip' which you may find helpful. Here's a link.

Best of Luck.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 13, 2009
Emmanuel Scanlan answered:
Hello Luyas,

This is in relation to your other post I just finished answering it but will also post the same response here. Your original post stated you had an "Oral Only, no written report" inspection performed and now the Agent wants a copy of the report. This was my reply in the other thread:

Hello Luyas,

I'm the type that likes to read and learn, even if it is outside of my geographical area. I was actually doing that when the email notification of this post came up.

Just out of curiosity I went through the Nevada Real Estate Division Web site at I could find nothing in the rules and laws (Nevada Revised Statutes, that specifically required what you have described. Is it possible that there was something in your "Buyer Agent Representation Contract" that might have required this or a waiver be signed?

I would ask your Agent for specifics if this is possibly a local brokerage requirement, a REMAX requirement or possibly just a misunderstanding? I will agree with any RE Agent/Broker/Brokerage that requires a waiver of inspection statement be signed by a client. It is very prudent for them to protect themselves and their brokerage operation for decisions they have no control over.

Damon and Luyas,

Now there is one very real possibility as to why the Agent is adamant about obtaining a copy of the report. I do stand corrected on the use of oral reports only as far as Nevada law is concerned.

You specified that you did call an Inspector and have them perform an inspection of the property. According to the Nevada Real Estate Division's (NRED) Rules and SOP for "Inspector of Structures"

"NAC 645D.450 Conduct of inspection, partial inspection or reinspection; preparation of inspection report. (NRS 645D.120)

1. Except as otherwise provided in this section, a certified inspector shall conduct each inspection and prepare a complete inspection report of each inspection in accordance with NAC 645D.460 to 645D.580, inclusive."

This is just my opinion and I would verify it with the NRED. If I am correctly reading the NRED Rules the Inspector MUST issue you an inspection report and it MUST follow the guidelines listed in this rule. I find nothing in the NRED rules that would allow a properly licensed Inspector to depart from the requirement of issuing a report. Here in Texas we must also provide the standard report form but are allowed to depart from certain aspects if we have the full agreement and understanding of the client as to what they are about to receive. None the less we must still provide the state mandated report form.

You have obviously advised your Agent that you had this oral report only formatted inspection. I would expect your Agent is a very smart person and also very adept at their job! As RE Professionals (all of us) we have one major responsibility and that is to ensure our clients are treated fairly, properly and within the laws and rules that we are bound to. Your Agent might feel they have found a rogue Inspector operating outside of the laws. Your Agent might in fact be protecting you and your purchase from possible future repercussions.

With that said I would have to ask if you have any proof that you even hired an Inspector? Did you sign a contract with the Inspector? Did you pay the Inspector by check or credit as a record? If you have no paper trail to connect you, that Inspector and that property then you could be taking a large chance. If you have problems in the future with that home it now becomes a "He said, she said" case and very hard for you to prove negligence on the Inspector's part.

Let us know how this progresses.

Emmanuel J. Scanlan
PS Inspection & Property Services LLC
214-418-4366 (cell)
TREC License # 7593
International Code Council, Residential Combination Inspector #5247015-R5 (Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing and Building)
Certified Infrared Thermographer (ASNT-TC1A Standards)
Texas Residential Construction Commission, Third Party Warranty Inspector #1593
Texas Residential Construction Commission, Inspector, County Inspection Program
Texas Department Of Insurance, VIP Inspector # 08507061016
Hayman Residential Engineering Services, Field Technician
CMC Energy - Certified Energy Auditor

Knowledge is power, but sharing knowledge brings peace!!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice