Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

88001 : Real Estate Advice

  • All11
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 10
Tue Jan 17, 2017
Stanjbass asked:
We are retiring to Las Cruces, New Mexico. We currently live in Lancaster, CA. Even though I continue to put "LAS CRUCES, NM" in the search panel, all you do is to keep showing…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 13, 2016
Ali_jo answered:
I would like to serve a 7-notice. for violation of a non-smoking residence.
This will be the 3rd notice of this violation along with another violation that continues of having trash surrounding living area.
The rent is due every 3rd Wednesday of the month.

Question: Can the notice be hand delivered and do I have a specific time to eviction as it relates to the date of rent to be collected.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 8, 2015
Dplilley answered:
Mon Mar 30, 2015
Pollito Lugo answered:
Hello, My wife and I are moving in, to Las Cruces NM, since we are running our business right here, and we are selling some of our properties in Mexico and 2 of our beachfront lots in Merida Yucatan and Playa Campeche, in order to buy a home here in this beautiful and friendly city, we need an investor to support us in buying the property that we already have seen and are willing to pay a slightly higher interest than any bank without prepayment penalty. we can let guarantees as collateral.

we look for a set period of 30 years, but I would pay in no more than 10 years, (maybe less, as soon as we can sell some of our properties and beachfront lots, so that is the reason why I do not want pre payment penalty)

If you are interested in gaining an acceptable commission also In addition of your interest please call me at (575) -449-06-24 here in Las Cruces NM, until the day March 31, 2015, (when my daughter was born here in Las Cruces NM and then I will have to return to take care of my business in the city of Mexico DF (capital) and Merida Yucat√°n, so after that date please send me an email to show contact info or you can send whatsaap my cell phone in Mexico (01152) (442 ) 1-55-38-89.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Feb 24, 2015
Sally Grenier answered:
DON'T DO IT. This is a typical scam. I suggest you try contacting local property management companies. Don't EVER send money without ever looking at the property first. Make sure you are indeed working with the landlord or the property manager in person. As for proof as to who they are and that they are responsible for leasing the property. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Dec 2, 2014
Melissa Polce answered:
I would guess if you want to be nice...simply state your intentions(which sounds like you either want a paying renter or you want to sell it)...or if you just don't want to deal with her...look up the laws for eviction in your state...and you can file yourselves to get the eviction process started but....I would still take option #1...if you can avoid having to go to is much easier to come to an agreement first. Good Luck ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Nov 1, 2012
D. Elaine Johnson answered:
There are Credit Specialists that will help you clean up your credit. You'd be amazed at what they can do. They are professional and can lead you in the right direction. A Loan Officer can also help you. We have both right here in Las Cruces, New Mexico. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 28, 2011
Ron Thomas answered:
Mon Jun 20, 2011
Nellie Bunch answered:
Hi Maggie,

In my opinion buying would be the better answer since you will get all the benefits that have been stated
prior to my answer, plus you get to deduct the mortgage interest on your Federal Income Tax and you wil
be earning equity for your future.

Nellie Bunch
Associate Broker, Las Cruces, NM
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 16, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
At this point in order to best protect yourself, it's in your best interest to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate--see exactly what options you may have and go from there. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice