Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

85302 : Real Estate Advice

  • All11
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying8
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 10
Anna M Brocco, Real Estate Pro in Williston Park, NY
Mon Jul 13, 2015
Anna M Brocco answered:
If the property was/is listed with a broker ask the agent to remove the information, or contact customer service directly Be aware that photos may appear in other sites as well, therefore you may wish to Google your address. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Jennie Miller…, Real Estate Pro in Phoenix, AZ
Thu Jan 1, 2015
Jennie Miller, Pllc answered:
You can check the crime statistics in an area by entering an address online at Also, you should find an agent that has expertise in the area that you are considering so that they can guide you in the home buying process. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Joseph Domino, Real Estate Pro in Scottsdale, AZ
Mon Dec 16, 2013
Joseph Domino answered:
The very first thing that an agent should discuss with the client is the Agency Relationship and yes he should have had you sign an Agency Disclosure.

Having said that, Is there an issue with the condo or the contract?

If you bought the property you wanted and got it at a fair price I think it is academic at this point. I do not think you have anything to gain by raising the issue now, except to help others that might use this agent in the future.

What I find interesting is that the Broker did not catch this, because I have to submit every form to my broker, and if I don't believe me I will hear about it. Every broker gets audited by the Dept of RE and if something is missing they get fined, so most are pretty diligent about doing it right.
... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Evan Spiegel,  in Chandler, AZ
Tue Apr 10, 2012
Evan Spiegel answered:
Yes of course there are Jolieann. Let me know if you need any help finding a place
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Brad Bergami…, Real Estate Pro in Prescott, AZ
Sat Apr 7, 2012
Brad Bergamini answered:
Probably not. You might try craigslist or backpage.
Trulia Is more about homes for sale
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Bill Parker,…,  in Scottsdale, AZ
Tue Nov 29, 2011
Bill Parker, CPA* answered:
Hi Shauna:

Glad I/we could help.

You might want to ask your lender if they can "persuasively ask" their underwriter to make this a "Prior to Funding" condition rather than a "Prior to Doc" condition, as it obviously is now. Reasonable underwriters will see the chances of not getting this particular problem fixed are more than offset by the customer service provided by doing so, and not holding your deal up any further.

Educational Moment: This is where mortgage bankers and bankers, in general, have the edge over mortgage brokers, in general. Mortgage bankers and bankers usually keep their loans in-house and can get these types of reasonable requests addressed by their company's underwriters. When I was a mortgage broker, it was/is more difficult to get the ultimate lender to do anything out of the ordinary. Too many layers between borrower and ultimate lender, I now find.

That is it. Take care. Happy Holiday season, Shauna, et al..
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Steve Schexn…,  in Glendale, AZ
Tue Dec 22, 2009
Steve Schexneider answered:
ASK AROUND! The best advice we can give you is to ask your friends and family and other people you trust. Ask who they have used before, how they worked, were they easy to work with. A ton of agents out there are just sitting on there butts waiting for buyers and sellers to find them. You want to find a Realtor who is doing this full time and knows what they are doing. Realtors and Lenders are a Dime a Dozen, they are everywhere. Once you find some you like, interview them, see what they have in their portfolio. You wanna work with someone who is actually producing, and not just showing houses and not getting ANYTHING sold. This can be a very boring process sometimes but once you find the right one that's best for you everything will be worth it.

If there is anything else I or any member on my team can do please don't hesitate to give us a call. We work with Sellers, Buyers and anyone else who needs Real Estate help.

Give us a call at 623-414-3388 or go to to see our listings

Hope this Helped David!!
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Paul Welden, Real Estate Pro in Scottsdale, AZ
Thu Sep 3, 2009
Paul Welden answered:
HI Sam,

I need to revise my answer, but it may be a bit too late.

You are now allowed to use your potential tax credit for being a first time buyer as part of your down payment and/or closing costs. However, you cannot use in inplace of the required amount you need, but in addition to it. Also, in order to do this, you must go through a non profit organization (NPO) to administer it. And it's actually a loan....interest free, but still a loan. The NPO may charge you an administration fee and other misc fees but they would be rather inexpensive. If the NPO loans you $8000, but you actually only get $6000 from the gov't, you still have to pay back to the NPO, the full $8000.
Besides all this, I'm not aware of any NPO's in the Phoenix area administering this program.

Buyer's Agent Realtor
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Joe, Home Buyer in Outside U.S.
Sun Aug 16, 2009
Joe answered:
i just have to tell you this that i just went thru the same thing,the owners get mad ,won/t deal with you then you have to deal with a idiot agent , the one we had was stealing things out of the house,so watch your agent,don't sign anything until final walk thru on day of signing, ,real estate agents are vermon ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Andrew & Man…, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, AZ
Sat Feb 28, 2009
Andrew & Mandi Monaghan answered:
In a short sale / foreclosure situation emotions run high and often common sense goes out the window, you may be able to sue for specific performance but it will take time and in a situation like this time is never on your side.
Talk to your agent and have them talk to the sellers agent, there may be a solution out there.
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Search Advice