Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 85257 : Real Estate Advice

  • All18
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying11
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 11
Wed Oct 11, 2017
Karen Peyton answered:
Under certain circumstances you "can" buy a home if you owe back taxes. I encourage you to speak with a lender. If you need one, you can contact me for a referral.

0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jul 16, 2016
Karen Peyton answered:
You haven't asked a question, but if you want a referral to a lender, contact me through my profile or website.

Best of luck accomplishing your re-fi!
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Nov 10, 2015
Dan Tabit answered:
Time to talk to an attorney. They can tell you your rights and options and maybe able to negotiate with your ex if you can't.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Nov 7, 2014
Kimberly Small answered:
Absolutely consult your attorney. Should you need a referral please feel free to contact me.
I have a amazing real estate attorney!
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 15, 2014
Jennie Miller, Pllc answered:
There could be a lot of moving parts to your scenario so you should speak with an attorney about this so that you have an answer that will protect your best interests.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 24, 2014
Bianca Bennett answered:
Have you spoke with a lender? I know a qualified lender that can help.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 24, 2014
Eric Clyne answered:
I would think if you own the home free and clear it would make the process a little easier. Reasons for
agents not wanting to work with you could be future financing issues, location of future investment, and overall expectations. If these issues match up you might just need a different agent. ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 4, 2013
James Wehner answered:
As the others have mentioned, you will need to consult with your attorney and accountant. Everyone's situation is different. You will need legal and financial advice regarding your specific situation. Best of luck! ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 1, 2011
all a quit claim is is the release of equity position in the property but does not absolve from note (financial) obligation from the lender
need to ask an attorney re: legalities
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Mar 22, 2011
Terri Vellios answered:
This is a legal question which should be answered by your Divorce attorney and possibly a real estate attorney.

Generally a quit claim only relieves any ownership claim to the property, not any liens associated with it. However, you may have some other documents within you divorce or at the time of the quit claim which we are not privy to.

Please contact your divorce attorney.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 8, 2010
Jason Whaley answered:
It depends if you are on the note or not. If not, no worries, if you are, it is already in foreclosure so you would be accountable for the missed payment and a possible deficiency. Check with an attorney asap. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Search Advice