Due to the Trust issue, you definitely need to talk to an AZ Real Estate Attorney! Other than that, Selling your house by owner is much more difficult than you might think. I recently helped a friend FSBO a home, and I found that there are many complex details that go into selling your own home! Following are a few FSBO pitfalls:
1. Dealing with Arizona real estate laws regarding purchase contracts & seller property disclosures
2. Determining whether to pay Buyer side real estate agent commissions, (typically 3%)
3. Taking phone calls from numerous real estate agents who are only interested your Listing
4. Prequalifying homebuyers prior to showing your home, so you don't waste time
5. Buying For Sale By Owner & Open House signs, and then placing them in your neighborhood
6. Taking professional photos for FSBO Flyers, and for Homebuyer Website sites like trulia.com
There are numerous other complexities involved in selling your AZ home by owner. Moreover, in my opinion you need to have your home listed in the MLS! Otherwise 8 out of 10 home buyers interested in buying a home in your AZ neighborhood, won't ever know your house is for sale!
Note there are a few good real estate agents and FSBO services that will list your home on the MLS for a Small fee. But if you're not paying the standard 3% Buyer's real estate agent commission, real estate agents in AZ won't show your home!
If you have additional FSBO, or Mortgage related questions regarding an AZ home, please contact me directly. I can refer you to a great local real estate professional in your neighborhood, and I am also one of the best low cost mortgage lenders in AZ! Steve Bernstein (480) 424-7144 www.azcentralmortgage.com NMLS 1230169/1443346 Equal Housing Lender