Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

85017 : Real Estate Advice

  • All13
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 7
Fri Sep 15, 2017
Karen Peyton answered:
Not knowing the home builder and seeing the agreement you've signed, I don't have an answer for you - but will agree you have an excellent question.

If you're working with an agent, your agent should be asking for an explanation and documentation supporting the answer given.

If you don't have an agent, you'll have to ask and put the pieces together yourself. Actually, you should hire an attorney to put the pieces together (fact check) to put your mind at ease.

I can think of many reasons for a name change, but none of them are good.
Contact an attorney for advice.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jun 12, 2017
Wed Jul 15, 2015
Usda Mortgage Source answered:
Yes, All USDA is concerned about is where the home is physically located and that the home meets standard HUS requirements (most homes in decent move in condition do) If the home is located in a USDA approved location according to the map - its ok.

Florida USDA loans, 7 days a week -
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 15, 2015
Anna M Brocco answered:
If you are a for sale by owner the post is not allowed; if and when you do list with a broker, ask your agent to post the listing, or consider any flat fee realty company that feeds into the site.... ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 15, 2012
Loren Hoboy answered:
The facts are confusing.

Did the HOA get a judgement and now are enforcing it by foreclosing? Call the HOA management company and ask to talk to their lawyer handing it. HOA's will often work something out if you can make payments.

Is this a sheriff's sale? Or is the county auctioning your back tax liens? Call the County assessors office for an explication on the taxes and tax liens. With a tax liens you usually have 3yrs to pay them off before the buyer gets to seek possession.

My guess is that whatever is happening is not a combination of HOA and Taxes. Get legal advice from a real estate attorney immediately.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 19, 2011
Pamela Combs answered:
You really need to get some legal advise. It is my understanding if the buyer does not wish to cancel the contract they can make you sell. They can even sue you if that is what it takes. ... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 16, 2008
Dp2 answered:
Actually, one doesn't always have to go with the title company of the bank (that owns the REO). In fact, many lenders will INSIST--or at least strongly recommend--that one uses a title company that already has a relationship with it. I insist on using my own or the lender's title company, because some banks will bury a clause within either the contract or addenda stating that the buyer will accept a title abstract in lieu of the actual title. A title abstract and title are 2 different things. I'll spare you the details--just know that you want the actual title.

Carlos is also correct that many banks are "behaving is border-line abusive" manner; they do it because they can, and because they know most consumers will sign the dotted-line without exercising their right to negotiate. However, now you're empowered, because you do know, and you'll be able to stand your ground with confidence.

Of course, I must admit I've had several listing agents to write me that a particular bank wouldn't accept my offer or some of my modifications. I kindly--but firmly--asked them to submit my offers/counter-offers as-is anyway, and told them the bank will counter or reject my offer/counter-offer if they didn't like my terms.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Search Advice