Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 80206 : Real Estate Advice

  • All29
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying13
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 9
Tue Oct 8, 2013
Ethan Besser answered:
Call Glen Holguin at Guild Mortgage at 303-495-2995.

Ethan Besser
Keller Williams
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 29, 2013
Dr S Jones MD answered:
Hi Chris, If you are an MD, DO, DPM, Resident or Established Physician - the following bank rep will provide you with 0% (zero) down 100% loan and No MI with Preferred Client rate and standard costs.

Asst. Vice President / Sr. Mortgage Officer / Tom R. Callahan /
Fifth Third Savings, at 904-591-6722

Offering 100% Lending within Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, West Virginia, Kentucky, Missouri, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire. And New York with 5% down.

Mr. Callahan has been recognized nationally as a ranking leader within the mortgage industry and has assisted hundreds of Physicians within Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Univ of Chicago Medical Center in my new home town.

Best wishes to you! Sarah Jones, MD
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 16, 2012
Shelley Bryant answered:
Call Sonya Peterson an agent that works for my company and knows the area well.
Her number is 303-587-7969
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 18, 2012
Agents for Home Buyers answered:
You only have three safe choices if you want to return to the original property: (1) Assuming that the buyer agency contract you signed is really limited only to other properties, you could probably go back to the first agent who you signed a transaction broker agreement (which as you know DO exist in Colorado) with and saw the property with. If you continue to work with this agent as a TB however, they are prohibited from representing your interests...which is a pretty stupid position to put yourself in. (2) If you'd rather work with the second agent...or a third...under a buyer agency could negotiate with both as to how the commission might be split...but you need to get everyone to sign off in writing on that. (3) Pay an attorney for several hours of help to work your way through this. Honestly, that probably the only truly safe route for you. And if you take it, make sure they specialize in residential real estate...or you'll end up paying for them to learn the ropes. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 17, 2011
ilan brown answered:
To get you started with the public trustees foreclosure search you'll probably want to learn a little more about the process and how things work. Here's a good link to check out:

Buying homes through the public trustees foreclosure auctions can net you some really good deals, but it's an esoteric process that requires some understanding before one can just show-up and start bidding -- those kinds of auctions exists as well and I can pass along a few websites if you're interested. If you want to pursue the public trustees auctions I'd recommend taking a 2 hour class taught by the guy who founded ReNav - his name is Aaron Lebovic and he teaches classes specific to real estate investors once a month.

There are yet a couple more good way to find real estate deals, and that's through the homepath website, which is a government backed program that you can learn more about here:

Another option, which might be particularly interesting if either you or your business partner can show the home as a principle residence are HUD homes (but I'm guessing you might already know about those).

Hopefully that's not too much information to digest at one time, but feel free to touch base anytime you guys have questions!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 11, 2011
Nicholas Bowman answered:
I would warn you NOT to go with the Assessed Colorado property value only. It may be OK as a beginning reference, but I have seen them off by thousands of dollars, sometimes tens of thousands of dollars. What's even weirder is... I have seen them fluctuate to that extreme degree in price, in both directions. The information is quite dated from the assessor, sometimes many years between evaluation. Secondly, there is a huge amount of frugal property owners intentionally trying to keep there property value low to save on taxes. You really need to arm yourself with recent comparable sold sale prices to determine value. Let's put it this way, if using the assessed value, I would much rather be the Buyer than the Seller, but it's a risky game. Shoot me an email or call the house in Denver with the property location and I will do my best to attain actual market value for you.
Nicholas Bowman
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 28, 2011
Margaret Marshall answered:
My first question to you for 80206 zip would be is it in Congress Park or Cherry Creek. Huge difference in values ~ I live in Congress Park and work that area, and would be able to do a land value assessment if you'd like. No obligation. Margaret Marshall ... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 5, 2009
Ethan Besser answered:
Hi Cjr,

A mortgage refers to how much you owe the bank for a house. Usually, it is not the full price of the house, but it can be. Usually the mortgage is the price of the house minus the amount that you put down on the house.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.


Ethan Besser
... more
1 vote 6 answers Share Flag
Mon May 11, 2009
Derrek Patrick answered:
The 1st step if finding comparable 3 bedroom, 4 bath sales in the area then adjusting those properties for all the differences. I lived in 80206 (off Ogden). Let me know how I can help you.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice