Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in 79998 : Real Estate Advice

  • All2
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 2
Mon Sep 20, 2010
Guy Gimenez answered:
Scott, just thought I should respond to your response so Bill doesn't get the wrong impression.

Attorney's are not typically involved in Texas residential real estate transactions as they are in some other states. So, while it may be advisable in some circumstances to have an attorney review contracts and closing documents, it is seldom practiced here in Texas and it is not mandatory in any sense. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 19, 2008
Jose E Garza answered:
TREC promulgated forms covers this situation under paragraph "Broker's Fee". However, my advise to you would be to consult with an attorney in the case of any dispute being present.
Title companies will hold all earnest money deposits until all parties involved in the transaction agree on "who gets what". ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice