Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 78209 : Real Estate Advice

  • All36
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying18
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 18
Sat Mar 4, 2017
Ammarg110 answered:
when buying a property on a company name in a community state (such as TX) will it be consider as community property? The sole purpose of this property will be for renting income.
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 7, 2016
Susie Kay answered:
I would suggest that you talk to your CPA. There's a program called 1031 exchange in which investors can sell and purchase a like kind property with no tax consequences. Your situation is different, though, since you are using the profit from your company to purchase an investment property. Again, talk to your CPA.

Susie Kay
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue May 3, 2016
Lisaleopoldgregory answered:
Thank you Bruce. Don't quite understand your answer. The Seller is saying his attorney is telling him he does not have to provide current leases to the buyer prior to closing. How would the buyer know the rents, deposits and what the current tenants lease agreements say? ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue May 3, 2016
Lisaleopoldgregory asked:
Seller refuses to provide leases to buyer prior to closing due to "privacy act" he says. Is this true?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 17, 2015
Alex Marti answered:
Call Rob Powers at Good Guys Home Inspection he is honest and hard working. 210-416-0689 Good luck!
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 13, 2015
Travis Reed answered:
Given your credit score, I know of a few loan officer that would be happy to help you with a FHA loan and options on down payment assistance. Please feel free to contract me and would be happy to give you that information.

Travis Reed
River Valley Real Estate
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 6, 2014
Cindy Standeford answered:
Wed May 14, 2014
Hello Dan, there are many factors that depend on the proper answer. Credit scores are the main question these days. I may have a program for you that may fit if you meet the guidelines. It would allow you to put 10% down on a jumbo loan. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 1, 2014
Paul McCann answered:
yes Chris. That is our area of expertise. Send some info and see about making a deal. 714-366-9632
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Oct 22, 2013
Chris Elizondo answered:
I work with a company called New Western Acquisitions here in San Antonio. We specialize in finding investment deals in town for people looking to flip or rent. I always have good rental properties around town and we put together rental numbers for the houses so you don't have to. We move anywhere from 20-40 properties a month here and can show you our market analysis on performing properties throughout the past few years. We are a great resource to have for any investor no matter your experience level. Let me know if I can be of any help to you. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 18, 2013
Douglas Ratliff answered:
This is a good time to buy in this complex. HOA's have come down in the past year with completion of deferred maintenance. Great central location and interesting floor plans, for those who want convenience of Alamo Heights area without paying for school district. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 19, 2012
Hunter Smith answered:
The company I work for specializes in providing you a customized solution for your real estate needs. If you would like I can easily start a very specific search based on your families needs. If you want to read more about different markets in San Antonio check out ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 19, 2012
Hunter Smith answered:
Your Arizona LLC can buy property in Las Vegas. I currently work with an investor in North Las Vegas that buys properties from an out of state investor. If you would like to work with someone with local knowledge and a good reputation I would love to help you out. I know of several properties around my area that would make for great investments but we would have to discuss your companies needs and expectations on the transaction. Shoot me an email at if you would like to talk more about it. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 1, 2012
Seth Teel answered:
There are a couple different ways to attack this, but the short answer is Yes. Several of my clients buy with cash or hard money financing under and LLC, renovate the property, and then either refinance into a traditional investment loan or do a "cash-out" refi. That being said, there are a couple things to consider: As mentioned by others, it's likely the bank will only cash out 70 - 80% of the after repair value, and there may be a "seasoning" requirement. Additionally, if you end goal is to keep as much cash liquid as possible, this simply may not be the best way to do it. Another option is to purchase the property with hard money financing. Typically you can get a loan for 70 - 75% of the ARV in the form of an interest only balloon not with rates ranging from 11 - 14% plus points. Terms generally range from 3 months to 5 years. This type of loan will allow you to leverage your investment, keeping most of your cash liquid, while providing you money for both acquisition and repair of the property. Depending upon your strategy and ultimate goal, once the renovations are complete, you can "flip" the property for a quick return on investment or lease the property and refinance out into a traditional investment loan.
If you's like to discuss these strategies further or are looking for a hard money lender, feel free to give me a call.
-Seth Teel
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 12, 2012
Bruce Lynn answered:
Buy in the name of an LLC.....or get your attorney to buy in their name and then assign the contract to you later.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 13, 2011
BHHS- Don Johnson answered:
LLC is the most likely choice. Since you are paying cash. If you were obtaining financing typically there would be some for of guaranty depending on your lender.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 8, 2011
Bruce Lynn answered:
It will depend on your lender.
Check with them and your title company to make sure.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 27, 2010
Brenda Scott answered:
It sounds to me like you already have are a LLC and that your questions is more regarding Argentina and RE laws? If I was you, I would do as much research on line as I could possibly do. I would contact a RE Agent in Argentina and ask them what you need to do and what is expected and last but not least I would contact people who have also invested in Argentina and ask them about their experience. One great forum is and, yes, Trip Advisor is mainly for questions about vacations BUT people from all over the world get on that website and many other types of questions are answered there. It has been very useful for me when I need information about other countries.

Good luck!!

Brenda Scott, Realtor
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice