Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 77373 : Real Estate Advice

  • All41
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying21
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 21
Mon Oct 3, 2016 asked:
I recently inquired about a property listed by "owner" for 30202 Deleon Fields Dr and was asked for personal information and given a lengthy story by the "owner" that…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 2, 2016
Alysse Musgrave answered:
You might be able to get a loan with a 580 credit score, but you should wait until your score is around 640 before you try to buy a home. Interest rates are based on a lender's risk. The higher the risk to the lender, the higher the cost to the borrower. Get your credit score up to about 640 before you try to buy a home.

Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You! Follow the links below.

Alysse Musgrave

Best selling author of Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You! US, Texas, and Spanish versions available.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 18, 2015
Susie Kay answered:
I'm not sure I'm understanding your question. If you are looking for a place to rent then the landlord will be the one who can decline the tenant.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 17, 2015
Sally Grenier answered:
Are you currently under contract? I would notify your agent, and the title company. This will need to be cleared up prior to closing.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Nov 17, 2015
Sally Grenier answered:
If the person isn't paying their HOA dues...then the HOA can file a lien on the property, and then eventually foreclose on it, depending on your state's due process requirements. As far as "How to do that?" -- you'd need to hire an attorney.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jul 31, 2015
Joyce & Tom Dawson answered:
Most Buyers try to do it backwards! They frequently lose their first choice in homes, because of it...we are in a highly competitive buying market in the entire Greater-Houston area, where the really NICE homes get multiple offers, and you need the credentials READY, so Sellers are interested in YOUR offer. ... The RIGHT way, is to deal with an agent who is highly experienced IN THE AREA of your homesearch, and ASK that locally-experienced agent WHO to get PRE-APPROVED for a mortgage loan with. (Don't troll for "wannabe" Mortgage "professionals" on the internet.) That is the very first step, and THEN, we''ll KEEP you informed about the rest of the process, so you'll ALWAYS be 1-step ahead, instead of the other way 'round. We work with the LARGEST REALTY in TEXAS, and we're assisted by highly-experienced mortgage professionals with one of the largest DIRECT-LENDERS in the USA, who can get you the BEST rates and terms. We have assisted our clients ALL THE WAY through, and SOLD over $100 million in homes,-- FINE homes, right here in SPRING and the surrounding area;-- HUNDREDS of homes, all across the NW areas of Greater Houston-- and we'd like to help you, too. CALL US, at 281-376-8100. Joyce & Tom Dawson, Coldwell Banker United, Realtors ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed May 13, 2015
Phillip Madison answered:
I would suggest speaking to lender about your options. has the contact info of my preferred lender. Great team and willing to answer all your questions.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Apr 30, 2015
Rick Isaacs asked:
very small sustainable cottage, can do 20-30% down, 596 Equifax , 15 years same business self employed. Brazoria or Galveston county
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 5, 2015
Josh Barnett answered:
Who did you end up using and will you be using them to sell your home?
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 27, 2014
Megan Becerra answered:
Hi Werr,

There is no quick method in determining this as it depends on many factors. You have to compare the home being built with the similar ones sold in that particular neighborhood recently. You may see a difference in price per square foot if one home has some extra features, even if they are right next door. If one home has a pool for example, then the price per square ft. may be higher than one without. Avg. price per sq. ft. is determined when you compare similar properties in a close proximity to one another. This is when it is most useful to have a real estate agent assist you in conducting a market analysis.

Hope this helps!

Megan Becerra
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue May 27, 2014
pmclennan84 answered:
How can I dispute fees my home owners association has charged to my account?
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 3, 2013
Nazario Trujillo answered:
Call me and I will explain to you step by step what needs to be done in order to get you into a home...

I have had Clients that have worked with them for 8 to 12 months in order to get their credit to where it needs to be just by coaching them and guiding them on what they need to do and 8 to 12 months down the road they have purchased their home(s)...

let me know if I can help you....

Thank you and God Bless,

Nazario Trujillo
CDPE, REO/BPO Certified
TAHS, SFR, R. E. Consultant/Realtor
SIS Group, LLC
Cell: 832-892-8730
Fax: 281-907-0199

P.S. I'm now a CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert) one of the most respected designations recognized by the distress property industry and by most of the major financial and mortgage institutions. Foreclosure is not a solution to a distressed property/homeowner, if you or any one you know are in a situation where you have fallen behind on your mortgage payment or will be in the near future due to major change in your life, work, etc. give me a call there are solutions for your/their issue, I'd be more than glad to take a look at your/their situation at no cost/obligation to you/them.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 3, 2013
Frank Previte answered:
Owner financing is not uncommon, but it is predominately used (in my opinion) to sell a house at a higher price or in a manner that otherwise works out significantly more advantageous to the seller than to the buyer. People who buy with owner financing usually can not buy an other way and the landlords know that.

I would consult with a Realtor and pay a nominal fee (we do it for $100) for some real estate advice, eg., that house, location, price, condition of the house relative to price, etc. That is not legal advice, as Realtors and agents are not lawyers, at least not usually.

The Realtor could advise you on collecting all of the documentation from the seller and refer you to a real estate attorney. You would have to pay the attorney a nominal free, maybe $200? This may be the best $300 you ever paid as it will protect your interests. You are the only one interested in your interests, the seller is not.

Please contact me, I would be glad to help you.

Frank Previte
HomeBuyers Realty Co.
281.415.4004 call or text
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 25, 2013
Isela DeLeon answered:
Call Cynthia Coates from Castle & cooke 832.371.3568 or email at She has done the last 17 loans for my clients and has closed them in 15 days tops. She good and will give you a game plan to increase your point within days. Tell her Isela gave you her number. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 25, 2013
Leonard Debono answered:
Please clarify, most HOA's (Homeowners Associations) have no control over water supply unless they manage that as well. Typically they do not control utilities. They can and will probably will send your back dues to collections. Suggest you get a copy of the CC'Rs you agreed to when you bought the house. They may have the right to foreclose eventually for non payment of dues. Your water may be from a MUD. They can and will shut off water after one month of non-payment resulting in a reconnection. Most are different you definitely need water day to day . HOA dues can wait a couple years before they typically do anything. Good luck

... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 25, 2012
Robert Gryder answered:
A lease purchase can not legally be executed in Texas by a licensed agent. In most cases I do a lease with a first right of refusal to the tenant with a specific time line. My feeling has always been, "Why let someone try it before they buy it". It doesn;t work. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 1, 2012
John Axt answered:
I need to mention that a foreclosure will stay on a credit report for 7 years, it does not preclude a person from buying after 3 years. This presumes you are once again credit worthy.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 1, 2012
Joe Tarantino answered:
Hi, my name is Joe Tarantino and my number is 281-241-9370. I have a few houses in the Spring, TX that are for sale. I may be able to help you buy a house without getting a loan or having to have a co-signer. Give me a call. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 27, 2011
Dallas Texas answered:
Best to confer all your questions to your CPA who prepares your tax returns.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 22, 2010
Patrick Thies answered:
You need to have an inspector that has experience with mold detection. Replacing the drywall is only part of it. You need to make sure that they also replaced any insulation that may have been there and became wet as well.

If the home owner filed a claim with their insurance company, then it's on record and your insurace should see it when preparing a new policy.

If it's been mitigated correctly, then it shouldn't be a problem.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice