Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

77093 : Real Estate Advice

  • All2
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 2
Tue Jun 27, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Your title has a lien on it. Your buyers need a clean title (no liens). Therefore, the title company is correct. You need to pay off the $12,500. before your buyers can get a clean title. If you don't have the money, you can't sell the home. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 27, 2011
Kathleen Hamid answered:
Mewilliams, I wanted to say THANKS to Ron in California for the praise he gave.

Also, I would like to add that I believe (at this time & it is subject to change..... of course) that you have one year after your Grandfather passes to take several steps. 1-repay reverse mortgage in full 2-Get new mortage in your name to repay the reverse mortgage off 3-Possible extension of reverse mortgage for additional period of time...if allowed at the time? 4-refuse and walk away from the property.

DON'T just rely on the advice from the company that is the holder of the reverse mortgage. Ask a CPA about your tax responsibilities and visit with a REAL ESTATE Attorney ! Key is a real estate attorney. The mortgage company is going to do what is best for themselves. A real estate attorney and a tax professional will be your advocates. Remember you want what is best for you.. And at a time of sorrow and you won't want to have to fight the mortgage company and your grief alone. The emotions might cloud your perspective.

Hope this helps you . I look forward to helping your friends when they have some needs with their real estate decisions. Kathleen
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice