Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

77018 : Real Estate Advice

  • All19
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying10
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 16
Wed Jan 4, 2017
Susie Kay answered:
It's hard to put a value on this as it depends on whether the future buyer has a dog or enjoy having dogs nearby. How the park is maintained will determine whether this has a positive or negative value as well. If you want to increase the value of your home typically you'd want to upgrade it such as having hardwood floor, granite counter top, updated kitchen etc. However, before you start upgrading I would suggest that you work with a local realtor to compare your home to other similar homes in the area. Then you can determine what upgrades/updates you'd like to do.

I hope this makes sense!
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jan 3, 2017
Karen Peyton answered:
A single picnic table is not going to add any monetary value, but a property that appears well-kept will sell faster. Good luck!
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Nov 18, 2016
Kericaj answered:
Wed Jul 27, 2016
Susie Kay answered:
I would suggest that you consult an attorney to establish an LLC.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Mar 1, 2015
Yaw Anku answered:
For an updated list of FHA approved condos in Houston, TX see . This link is available nights and weekends unlike the HUD site. FHA approved condos are easier to sell because buyers can put down a lot less money. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 22, 2013
Robert Kandiyoti answered:
I highly recommend working with an experienced Realtor in foreclosures that can help you throughout the process and show you the houses that you would like to see and guide you through the purchasing and the negotiation process. I would be more than happy to help. Just let me know.

Good luck!

Robert Kandiyoti
RE/MAX Real Estate Associates
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 18, 2013
Raina Gibson answered:
Hi Shannon,

It can be difficult to find properties to lease to tenants with multiple pets, however, there are landlords that will consider your situation. There is currently only one property for lease in the 77018 zip code that will accepts pets. Are you willing to consider other areas?

Raina Gibson
Realty Associates
... more
1 vote 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 10, 2013
C S answered:

aside from some cleaning supplies, garbage cans, disposal fees being covered and a vehicle to get you to and from the jobsite and disposal site... that's about it!

Heck you could even rent a moving box truck for the day if you didn't have a vehicle.

check out for some more ideas.
... more
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 11, 2012
D'Evereaux Baum-Moore answered:
Blanca the builder of this property was likely Princeton Homes or Robryan Construction or MAZZ CONSTRUCTION.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue May 22, 2012
The guidelines protect you more than they do the lender, do not let a lender approve your loan application unless they can prove to you that you are overqualified. How much over? Depends on how safe you want to be, if you were betting your life how much would you want the odds stacked in your favor? Getting a mortgage if you just barely meet the minimum thresholds is like betting your financial life. The lenders that have turned you down have protected you, send them a thank you note and ask the one that was most helpful for guidance, good luck,

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 7, 2011
Carolyg19 answered:
To get a beginners idea of what is being paid you will need to visit the HUD Property Preservation Cost Schedules. Click on your state, do the math and cash in. I hope you have great sucess in your business.

Take care,
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 6, 2011
Jodi Sherretts answered:
You should protest your value with Harris County Appraisal District (HCAD). Unfortunately, the deadline to protest this year has already passed. When you get your tax statement next year make sure you protest. You can file it online if there is a green sheet with instructions. If there is no green paper you will have to go to HCAD to file (most can be done online). It is very simple to file and it doesn't cost you anything. If you need help you are welcome to contact me.

... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 4, 2011
Sam Shueh answered:
This happens often. After the seller repainted the house, the buyer wants to redo it.
I suggest you credit her some cost (e.g. ~$500) and let her pick the contractor, There is nothing worse to find out the buyer does not appreciate the work and walked away. ... more
0 votes 50 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 15, 2009
TCP Real Estate answered:
A real estate agent can assist and represent you in the transaction. Has the property been listed with an agent in the MLS? What usually occurs is that a bank will order a broker price opinion through a local agent who will then list the property in the MLS. All offers will be submitted to the bank through the listing agent. The bank, as seller, will accept, reject, or counter offers. I would highly suggest having an agent working on your side and in your best interest during the process.

You will also need to have your financing in order and at minimum a prequalification letter from a lender to submit with any offer.

Please don't hesitate to call if you need more information. I work exclusively with buyers and would be happy to assist you in any way possible. 832-563-5221 Samantha Mitchell, REMAX Northwest, The Katie K Team
... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 30, 2009
Dominick Dina answered:

Caution my friend. If you are in real estate, talk with your broker.

The national Do Not Call law requires strict protocols. It costs mucho dollars if you are found guilty of a violation.

Due diligence is required before you start to dial.

Good luck,

Dominick Dina, Broker/Owner
Christian Realty San Antonio
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice