Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

77001 : Real Estate Advice

  • All2
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 2
Fri Dec 23, 2016
Mark McNitt answered:
The Buyers Agency form speaks about commissions collected helping a Buyer buy AND...a Renter renting. You bet your Realtor can assist you with leasing!!

Now your agent is not going to make a lot of money on a lease, but if they want to keep you for a client (your going to rent later???!!), then I would think they can assist you. Private rentals are listed with Realtors via our MLS and real estate portals like Trulia and we also have apartment services to help you find something short term. The key is to speak to your Realtor.

Now, all that said. If you want to do this yourself (and it will take you longer) or you simply do not want to work with this person, let them know you wish to terminate the agreement. You may be required to pay some marketing fees, but likely you won't. Just get something in writing from the agent's Broker (their boss) saying your agreement is no longer valid. I hope it can work out with your current Realtor as you already have been working together on the sale. Good luck!

Mark McNitt, Bernstein Realty
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 3, 2016
Alysse Musgrave answered:
I have agents in Houston who can set up an account for you right on the Houston MLS. Let me know your requirements and we'll take care of it.

Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You! Follow the links below.

Alysse Musgrave
Consumer Advocate
Exclusive Buyer Agent

Best selling author of Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You! US, Texas, and Spanish versions available.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice