Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 75287 : Real Estate Advice

  • All14
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 3
Wed Mar 23, 2016
Kevan Pewitt answered:
Land use and controls are referring to deed restrictions or municipal zoning. Most homes in residential subdivisions in Texas have deed restrictions that restrict their use to residential use. Deed restrictions also generally require you to get approval from the Homeowners Association before making additions or improvements to the home. They also covers issues such a car parking, yard maintenance, etc. Municipal zoning covers similar issues, but is enforced by the local municipality. Not all cities in Texas have zoning restrictions. The City of Houston does have zoning restrictions, but can enforce deed restrictions. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Mar 16, 2016
Nicole answered:
can someone please answer this question below ?
land use controls and restrictions ? thanks
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 4, 2012
Philip Cabral answered:
The short answer to your question is to talk to a lender and see what they say about your financial situation. You might want to talk to 2-3 different lenders as they will all have their own criteria and you might get turned down with one but not the other.

Keep in mind that anything you buy while married your spouse is entitled to half. If this is acceptable to you then you are fine. If that is not your intention then talk to an attorney.

One more thing, the lender might require your husband to sign a quit claim depending on your/his financial situation.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Search Advice