Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

75287 : Real Estate Advice

  • All13
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 10
Kevan Pewitt, Real Estate Pro in Houston, TX
Wed Mar 23, 2016
Kevan Pewitt answered:
Land use and controls are referring to deed restrictions or municipal zoning. Most homes in residential subdivisions in Texas have deed restrictions that restrict their use to residential use. Deed restrictions also generally require you to get approval from the Homeowners Association before making additions or improvements to the home. They also covers issues such a car parking, yard maintenance, etc. Municipal zoning covers similar issues, but is enforced by the local municipality. Not all cities in Texas have zoning restrictions. The City of Houston does have zoning restrictions, but can enforce deed restrictions. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
 Nicole, Real Estate Pro in
Wed Mar 16, 2016
Nicole answered:
can someone please answer this question below ?
land use controls and restrictions ? thanks
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Javier Monti…, Real Estate Pro in Covina, CA
Thu Jul 16, 2015
Javier Montiel answered:
Try calling Trulia customer service.

1 (888) 466-3501
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Scott Johnson, Real Estate Pro in Richardson, TX
Tue Aug 19, 2014
Scott Johnson answered:
This question is old but still relevant.


Trust your agent, find out what the average days on market really is for your neighborhood and let your agents marketing plan work for you.

When you hired your agent they should have given you an idea of what they were going to do to market your property. If they are doing what they said they were going to do, RELAX and wait for the buyer to come...It only takes one Buyer.

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me at any of the links below,

Scott Johnson
FireBoss Realty
469-269-0911 - Property Search Site - Blog - FREE Mobile App
... more
0 votes 20 answers Share Flag
Amy Arey, Real Estate Pro in Allen, TX
Mon Aug 11, 2014
Amy Arey answered:
I'm sure you have already taken care of this, but I recommend the award-winning Alan Hilsabeck, (also featured on HGTV) who specializes in Kitchen and Bath Remodels:

Here's a post on one of his topics:

-Amy S. Arey, Realtor
Halo Group Realty, LLC
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 3, 2013
Kenneth "Kenny" Bebensee answered:
Just pick a good Realtor and pick 1 Realtor to work with who is experienced in section 8.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Philip Cabral, Real Estate Pro in San Jose, CA
Tue Dec 4, 2012
Philip Cabral answered:
The short answer to your question is to talk to a lender and see what they say about your financial situation. You might want to talk to 2-3 different lenders as they will all have their own criteria and you might get turned down with one but not the other.

Keep in mind that anything you buy while married your spouse is entitled to half. If this is acceptable to you then you are fine. If that is not your intention then talk to an attorney.

One more thing, the lender might require your husband to sign a quit claim depending on your/his financial situation.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Pamela Edwar…, Real Estate Pro in Dallas, TX
Tue Nov 15, 2011
Pamela Edwards answered:
I second Melissa's answer. GTF is an excellent resource that I recomend all the time.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Dallas Texas, Real Estate Pro in Dallas, TN
Tue May 18, 2010
Dallas Texas answered:
Why does not the buyer not contact insurance company where they obtain their auto insurance they could receive a discount.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Carolyn Black, Real Estate Pro in Dallas, TX
Sat Mar 6, 2010
Carolyn Black answered:
You may have already found a referral but if your clients are still entertaining bids-please visit or contact them at (214)923-9279 or (214)999-9399.

They have done numerous projects for my clients from single room remodels to full house. They are also LEED certified if your clients are interested in green features in their remodel.
Remember, independent remodelers/contractors do not have to be bonded/have insurance to operate in the State of Texas so it pays to investigate the companies a bit. In today's economy, some companies are cutting corners in the wrong places. Make sure your clients are protected. Good luck to your clients with their plans.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice