Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

66618 : Real Estate Advice

  • All8
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 7
Fri Dec 6, 2013
Marie Souza Team answered:
Sun Feb 17, 2013
Joanna Morris answered:
I recommend you contact a local Realtor and see about doing a short sale on your house. You at least need the current value of the house.

You also have the resources of Consumer Credit Counseling agencies.

See the advice of an Attorney. You can get a free consultation. See if you can talk to a real estate attorney about the house and mortgage then speak to one possibly about bankruptcy. If you are going to lose the house you may want to wait to file bankruptcy.

You need to investigate and gather all the facts then make your decision about what to do. Please do be careful to use trusted agencies and people as there are people out there who will Scam you.

Wishing you the best results.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 8, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
In order to best protect yourself and any other assets you may have, you may wish to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate--if you cannot afford one, contact your local Legal Aid Society, for a pro bono attorney--free--you may also wish to contact your lender, and then go from there. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 27, 2010
Terry L Bursky answered:
.Hi Michael,

Many people are having the same difficulties as you are facing. I know it must be emotionally draining. There is help for you. Please get in touch with your lender and see what programs they have available for you. Possibly a loan modification or a short sale. Always seek the advice of legal council and your tax advisor for any consequences in your decision. You do have options, it's just picking up the phone and asking for help. You are not alone.

Good luck
... more
1 vote 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 6, 2009
Vicki Trembly answered:
Hello Again Alicia,

Are you still looking for a home in Coffeyville? Perhaps you'd like to know about Seller financing as well?
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 18, 2009
Vicki Trembly answered:
Hi, I'm a home seller and I'm sure you need the information from a lender, ideally your current mortgage holder.

But, I'd also like to refinance to lower my payment, so, how about it? Any lender want to respond? ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jun 26, 2008
James Wheeler answered:
If this is the roof over your head, and you want to keep it, you should consider trying to reduce your mortgage pmt so that it IS affordable. We can do that by negotiating a loan modification. If you're resigned to abandoning ship, then a deed in lieu of foreclosure can be negotiated, which shows as paid in full in your credit report and protects you from the lender going after you for their loss. Feel free to contact me to discuss this further (813-600-3428). ... more
1 vote 8 answers Share Flag
Search Advice