Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

General Area in 66109 : Real Estate Advice

  • All4
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 1
Roland Vinya…, Real Estate Pro in Sprakers, NY
Sat Jun 23, 2012
Roland Vinyard answered:
You are going to need an attorney. Just to place a lien, you'll need a "deficiency judgement". Normally, your uncle just telling you he was going to leave it to you is not sufficient to inherit. It needs to be in a will, properly drawn up and executed. Without a proper will, property usually goes to the next of kin and what you have done for the family will be ignored in the legal process. Have you discussed your concerns with your cousins (in a friendly way)? ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice