Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

66048 : Real Estate Advice

  • All6
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 4
Fri Apr 3, 2015
stevenbauswell asked:
22826 175th street Leavenworth, KS 66048
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 3, 2013
Scott Godzyk answered:
Most likely no, your agent needs to maintain your listing such as withdraw it from ads, and sites like this if it comes off the market. If it is not withdrawn, the computer keeps counting days on market. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 30, 2009
Keith Sorem answered:
I would suggest you consider these suggestions:

1. Talk with a local Realtor regarding the current market value. Preferably a Realtor with Short Sale experience.

2. Contact your lender immediately and let them know that you are unemployed. If the loan servicing agency contacts you respond, answer the phone , and start a dialogue.

3. I would also look into the possibility of leasing the property. Have your Realtor give you an idea of the lease amount. Talk with a tax professional about the tax implications.

4. Try to find a room mate, someone to help share the mortgage cost. Many people are in a tough spot and need a short term living situation. Make sure that you check their credit.

From the lender's perspective, they would rank order their options this way:
1. Keep you in the house, modify the loan IF you want to stay in the house and IF the prospects of you being able to maintain current payments.
2. Keep you in the house, they might modify your loan structure to make it affordable.
3. Sell the property as a short sale, meaning you pay no closing costs, they absorb a loss, pay for closing costs
4. Allow the lender to foreclose - this is the most expensive alternative for a lender which they would rather avoid.

If you would like a referral to an experienced short sale Realtor, let me know. Good luck.
... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 13, 2009
Bill Eckler answered:

If in your judgement, this will increase the sale ability of the home or increase the amount it sells for it may be worthwhile, otherwise list it w/o changing it.

Your agent's recommendation should be considered.

Good luck
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice