Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

61244 : Real Estate Advice

  • All10
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 6
Fri Oct 13, 2017
Ajcountry64 answered:

We have closed your Trulia profile as you requested. Please allow up to 1 week for our emails to stop completely.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate

Contact Us:
Help Center:
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue May 26, 2015
you probably need to speak to a title company and see about getting yourself put on the house. You need to be able to legally sell it and be able to provide clear title to the buyer.

If it's not that simple of a fix then you need to employ a real estate attorney to help you navigate those waters.

will probably involve a trip or two up to IL

Good luck!
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Apr 21, 2014
Dolores Skeel asked:
Sun Dec 7, 2008
Vicky Chrisner answered:
Why are you looking at a Rent To Own? These can be very, very good, or very, very dangerous. Make sure you are involving an attorney to represent you, most real estate agents do not even know their way around these transactions.

If you are in a declining market, and you are agreeing now to buy in 1-2 years, what happens if the price drops below the agreed upon price?

Many renters today are finding that the homes they are in are being foreclosed upon, and they are being forced to move with little notice and never getting their deposits back. What would happen to your transaction if the current owner failed to pay his loan?

Good luck
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Dec 5, 2008
Dallas Texas answered:
WOW, if you have record of you paying your rent via canceled checks, money order, certified funds that is your proof of payment or any receipt from the property owner. Sorry to hear this however your need to read your lease agreement terms and conditions for both parties obligation. You can also confer with real estate attorney regarding your rights. If the office will not speak with you go direct to corporate office if you are leasing from apartment complex. ... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice